Greenland’s expanses of ice look like ”frothy meringue,” but it’s a frozen wasteland beset by blizzards so strong that the blowing snow can etch glass. When a U.S. military plane crashed there in 1942, the B-17 sent to rescue the men skidded into a glacier. On a second mission, a Grumman Duck plucked a single man from the B-17 before vanishing forever. In this true-life nail-biter, Frozen in Time, — as nimbly paced as a novel — Zuckoff toggles between the events of 1942–43 and 2012, when he documented a quest to locate the Duck’s wreckage. A
Frozen in TimeGreenland's expanses of ice look like ''frothy meringue,'' but it's a frozen wasteland beset by blizzards so strong that the blowing snow can etch glass....Frozen in TimeNonfictionMitchell ZuckoffGreenland's expanses of ice look like ''frothy meringue,'' but it's a frozen wasteland beset by blizzards so strong that the blowing snow can etch glass....2013-04-26HarperCollins
FROZEN IN TIME by Mitchell Zuckoff
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Mitchell Zuckoff; Publisher: HarperCollins
Posted April 26 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'NCIS: LA' sneak peek: Callen is going rogue
- 'Hindsight' canceled by VH1
- Listen to 'The Unauthorized O.C. Musical' cast sing 'California'
- Ellen Page says it's 'borderline offensive' to call actors brave for playing LGBTQ roles
- How 'Hannibal' was 'The Sopranos'
- Everything you need to know about 'The Unauthorized O.C. Musical'
- Michael B. Jordan may bare his fangs in MGM's 'Blood Brothers'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!