Danish director Susanne Bier’s brutal 2010 drama In a Better World won the foreign-film Oscar. Her latest — a sun-soaked rom-com — couldn’t be more different. A widower (Pierce Brosnan) and an unhappily married cancer survivor (Trine Dyrholm) travel to the southern coast of Italy for the wedding of their twentysomething kids, only to fall for each other. The Mediterranean vistas and nuptial madness might remind you of another Brosnan film. ”It’s like Mamma Mia! without the singing,” the actor jokes. ”The world is safe from my dulcet tones booming forward.”
BIG LOVE Pierce Brosnan and Trine Dyrholm star in this romantic film about people who get a second chance at love (Doane Gregory)
Posted April 28 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George Takei says Leonard Nimoy was 'the most human person I've ever met' -- exclusive
- Explore The Walking Dead's Alexandria in Google Maps-like interface
- First look: Vincent D'Onofrio makes his 'Daredevil' debut as Wilson Fisk
- 'Empire' exclusive peek at Cookie lashing out at Anika: 'Bye, Felicia'
- 'Orphan Black' trailer: 'Recognize me?'
- 'Bates Motel' season 3 exclusive clip: Norman goes 'Psycho'
- 'Game of Thrones' fave Natalie Dormer stars in Hozier's 'Someone New' video