Danish director Susanne Bier’s brutal 2010 drama In a Better World won the foreign-film Oscar. Her latest — a sun-soaked rom-com — couldn’t be more different. A widower (Pierce Brosnan) and an unhappily married cancer survivor (Trine Dyrholm) travel to the southern coast of Italy for the wedding of their twentysomething kids, only to fall for each other. The Mediterranean vistas and nuptial madness might remind you of another Brosnan film. ”It’s like Mamma Mia! without the singing,” the actor jokes. ”The world is safe from my dulcet tones booming forward.”
BIG LOVE Pierce Brosnan and Trine Dyrholm star in this romantic film about people who get a second chance at love (Doane Gregory)
Posted April 28 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ultron sounds even better saying James Spader's lines from 'The Office'
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' exclusive clip: Mary Lynn Rajskub is Boyle's dream woman
- 'The Vampire Diaries' can't take a bite out of the competition
- James Bond kills supercut: Shocking, positively shocking
- What we learned from the 'Pretty Little Liars' Comic-Con panel
- Hear that amazing Kelly Clarkson 'Already Gone' cover from this week's 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Justin Bieber reveals cover art for new album, 'Purpose'