Danish director Susanne Bier’s brutal 2010 drama In a Better World won the foreign-film Oscar. Her latest — a sun-soaked rom-com — couldn’t be more different. A widower (Pierce Brosnan) and an unhappily married cancer survivor (Trine Dyrholm) travel to the southern coast of Italy for the wedding of their twentysomething kids, only to fall for each other. The Mediterranean vistas and nuptial madness might remind you of another Brosnan film. ”It’s like Mamma Mia! without the singing,” the actor jokes. ”The world is safe from my dulcet tones booming forward.”
BIG LOVE Pierce Brosnan and Trine Dyrholm star in this romantic film about people who get a second chance at love (Doane Gregory)
Posted April 28 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!