Danish director Susanne Bier’s brutal 2010 drama In a Better World won the foreign-film Oscar. Her latest — a sun-soaked rom-com — couldn’t be more different. A widower (Pierce Brosnan) and an unhappily married cancer survivor (Trine Dyrholm) travel to the southern coast of Italy for the wedding of their twentysomething kids, only to fall for each other. The Mediterranean vistas and nuptial madness might remind you of another Brosnan film. ”It’s like Mamma Mia! without the singing,” the actor jokes. ”The world is safe from my dulcet tones booming forward.”
BIG LOVE Pierce Brosnan and Trine Dyrholm star in this romantic film about people who get a second chance at love (Doane Gregory)
Posted April 28 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- PlayStation Plus offers 'Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes' and five more free games in June
- Patricia Highsmith's 'Ripley' eyed for TV
- Kendrick Lamar puts on artsy 'These Walls' performance for 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show'
- Tilda Swinton circles 'Doctor Strange'
- Jesse Plemons, Domhnall Gleeson join Tom Cruise for 'Mena'
- ‘Hocus Pocus’ stage show will haunt Disney World this Halloween
- Young Thug wants to call his next mixtape 'Carter V'