Danish director Susanne Bier’s brutal 2010 drama In a Better World won the foreign-film Oscar. Her latest — a sun-soaked rom-com — couldn’t be more different. A widower (Pierce Brosnan) and an unhappily married cancer survivor (Trine Dyrholm) travel to the southern coast of Italy for the wedding of their twentysomething kids, only to fall for each other. The Mediterranean vistas and nuptial madness might remind you of another Brosnan film. ”It’s like Mamma Mia! without the singing,” the actor jokes. ”The world is safe from my dulcet tones booming forward.”
BIG LOVE Pierce Brosnan and Trine Dyrholm star in this romantic film about people who get a second chance at love (Doane Gregory)
Posted April 28 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters