The thriller Black Rock starts out with three gal pals headed to a remote Maine island for a weekend of camping and bonding. But then a group of hunters arrives to prey on more than small game. After an attempted sexual assault, all-out warfare breaks out. ”The girls start to turn primal,” says Katie Aselton (FX’s The League), who directed the film even as she was on screen plunging into chilly water, being stripped naked, and clawing through the dirt for weapons. ”It’s 43 degrees, you have to take those wet clothes off if you’re going to survive, and you’re vulnerable,” she says. ”That is true animal instinct.” Girl power has never been so chilling.
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'Star Wars' Celebration panel on 'Rogue One' and other stand-alones: We're live blogging it
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis on present (two Tribeca films), past ('SNL'), and future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!