Yahoo agreed to buy the blogging service Tumblr for around $1.1 billion in cash, reports The New York Times. If the deal is approved, it would be the biggest yet under the tenure of new Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer and a major move into social media for the Internet company. (It would also top Facebook’s acquisition of Instagram for $1 billion last year.) Founded in 2007, Tumblr has a young, active user base, with over 108 million blogs, that Yahoo will likely want to tap into.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!