Yahoo agreed to buy the blogging service Tumblr for around $1.1 billion in cash, reports The New York Times. If the deal is approved, it would be the biggest yet under the tenure of new Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer and a major move into social media for the Internet company. (It would also top Facebook’s acquisition of Instagram for $1 billion last year.) Founded in 2007, Tumblr has a young, active user base, with over 108 million blogs, that Yahoo will likely want to tap into.
Posted May 19 2013 — 11:33 PM EDT
- ABC Family and Fox score top marks for inclusion of LGBT characters
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Alessandra Ambrósio, The Kardashians, Malin Akerman & More!