When mask-wearing maniacs interrupt the reunion of a bickering family in the horror comedy You’re Next, the cups of genre fans will runneth over…with blood. ”There’s tons of blood,” explains Amy Seimetz, 31, who plays a member of the cornered clan. ”Lots and lots of blood. But our family really brings out the worst in each other, so when this set of circumstances befalls them, you kind of want it to happen.” Seimetz can also be seen this summer on AMC’s The Killing and Christopher Guest’s HBO comedy Family Tree. Plus, she directed the indie thriller Sun Don’t Shine, now in limited release and on Amazon and iTunes. ”It’s really weird that everything is out at once,” she laughs. ”Next year, I don’t know if I’ll be in anything. I’ll just suddenly disappear!”
Posted May 24 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jeff Goldblum's back on the set of 'Independence Day 2'
- Amy Schumer takes on Cosby rape allegations
- 'Aloha': Sony defends vs. critics
- Azealia Banks to make feature film debut in RZA's 'Coco'
- Taylor Swift saluted with 8-foot Lego portrait at U.K. resort
- Tina Fey, Amy Poehler action figures
- 'Point Break' remake gets its first trailer
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- Ben Affleck, Taylor Swift, the Entourage Guys & More!