The first 100 pages of Antonia Lively Breaks the Silence are fast, nasty, and promising. Set in a cramped college town, it centers on a woman grieving her mysteriously dead writer husband. She blames her loss on a book critic, a former boyfriend and current tenant who derailed her husband’s career with a damning review. Meanwhile, the critic’s lover, a writer herself, hovers like an eager gnat, looking to mine their drama for her next novel. There are some great melodramatic scenes, full of delicious prose, but in the end the various plotlines grow exhausting and convoluted. Writers can be so tedious. B
Antonia Lively Breaks the SilenceThe first 100 pages of Antonia Lively Breaks the Silence are fast, nasty, and promising. Set in a cramped college town, it centers on a...Antonia Lively Breaks the SilenceFictionDavid Samuel LevinsonThe first 100 pages of Antonia Lively Breaks the Silence are fast, nasty, and promising. Set in a cramped college town, it centers on a...2013-05-24Algonquin Books
Antonia Lively Breaks the Silence by David Samuel Levinson
Genre: Fiction; Author: David Samuel Levinson; Publisher: Algonquin Books
Posted May 24 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Can Tyrion be trusted on 'Game of Thrones'?
- Kim and Kanye: It's their 1st anniversary
- 'Winter Is Coming Live' recaps the latest 'Game of Thrones' episode, 'The Gift'
- 'Gilmore Girls' movie? Scott Patterson hints at 'some activity'
- Former Virgins frontman Donald Cumming debuts dreamy ballad 'In The Early Hours' -- exclusive
- 'Star Wars' to screen in China for first time ever
- Art Garfunkel dings Paul Simon in new interview
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!