The first 100 pages of Antonia Lively Breaks the Silence are fast, nasty, and promising. Set in a cramped college town, it centers on a woman grieving her mysteriously dead writer husband. She blames her loss on a book critic, a former boyfriend and current tenant who derailed her husband’s career with a damning review. Meanwhile, the critic’s lover, a writer herself, hovers like an eager gnat, looking to mine their drama for her next novel. There are some great melodramatic scenes, full of delicious prose, but in the end the various plotlines grow exhausting and convoluted. Writers can be so tedious. B
Antonia Lively Breaks the SilenceThe first 100 pages of Antonia Lively Breaks the Silence are fast, nasty, and promising. Set in a cramped college town, it centers on a...Antonia Lively Breaks the SilenceFictionDavid Samuel LevinsonThe first 100 pages of Antonia Lively Breaks the Silence are fast, nasty, and promising. Set in a cramped college town, it centers on a...2013-05-24Algonquin Books
Antonia Lively Breaks the Silence by David Samuel Levinson
Genre: Fiction; Author: David Samuel Levinson; Publisher: Algonquin Books
Posted May 24 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Inside 'the most disturbing scene' in 'American Horror Story' history
- 'The Walking Dead' to show airline zombie attack in stand-alone special
- Read an exclusive excerpt from 'Warm Bodies' prequel 'The New Hunger' -- and see the cover
- A-Trak reveals the soundtrack to his life
- Label CEO says company has naming rights to Chief Keef's baby
- Celine Dion revives Las Vegas residency following yearlong hiatus
- Hugh Dancy and Gillian Anderson get philosophical in exclusive 'Hannibal' finale clip
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!