The first 100 pages of Antonia Lively Breaks the Silence are fast, nasty, and promising. Set in a cramped college town, it centers on a woman grieving her mysteriously dead writer husband. She blames her loss on a book critic, a former boyfriend and current tenant who derailed her husband’s career with a damning review. Meanwhile, the critic’s lover, a writer herself, hovers like an eager gnat, looking to mine their drama for her next novel. There are some great melodramatic scenes, full of delicious prose, but in the end the various plotlines grow exhausting and convoluted. Writers can be so tedious. B
Antonia Lively Breaks the SilenceThe first 100 pages of Antonia Lively Breaks the Silence are fast, nasty, and promising. Set in a cramped college town, it centers on a...Antonia Lively Breaks the SilenceFictionDavid Samuel LevinsonThe first 100 pages of Antonia Lively Breaks the Silence are fast, nasty, and promising. Set in a cramped college town, it centers on a...2013-05-24Algonquin Books
Antonia Lively Breaks the Silence by David Samuel Levinson
Genre: Fiction; Author: David Samuel Levinson; Publisher: Algonquin Books
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!