From Park Avenue penthouses to Palm Beach vacation homes — and even a Chinese restaurant — Make It Fabulous explores the public and private spaces created by Georgis, renowned as both an architect and a decorator. Large-scale photos showcase the designer’s attention to detail and mise-en-scène aesthetic, derived in part from his love of film noir and the art-moderne style created by Hollywood production designer Cedric Gibbons. And since Georgis’ clientele includes some of the country’s most influential art collectors, images of his work also provide a rare opportunity to marvel at privately owned paintings by Basquiat, furniture by Milo Baughman, and photographs by Walter Niedermayr.
Posted May 24 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Frozen' musical conjures new director, designer
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born to Run' reviews: What critics are saying
- 'Edge of Seventeen' set as centerpiece selection at Austin Film Festival
- Eric McCormack on the surprise 'Will & Grace' reunion
- Megan Mullally on 'Will & Grace' reunion: 'Like no time had passed'
- Tom Holland suits up in new 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' set photo
- Viola Davis to star in Steve McQueen's upcoming thriller, 'Widows'