From Park Avenue penthouses to Palm Beach vacation homes — and even a Chinese restaurant — Make It Fabulous explores the public and private spaces created by Georgis, renowned as both an architect and a decorator. Large-scale photos showcase the designer’s attention to detail and mise-en-scène aesthetic, derived in part from his love of film noir and the art-moderne style created by Hollywood production designer Cedric Gibbons. And since Georgis’ clientele includes some of the country’s most influential art collectors, images of his work also provide a rare opportunity to marvel at privately owned paintings by Basquiat, furniture by Milo Baughman, and photographs by Walter Niedermayr.
Posted May 24 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!