To adapt Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing, director Joss Whedon (The Avengers) didn’t travel far — in fact, he barely got out of bed. His modern-day version of the classic romantic comedy was shot in the Los Angeles home Whedon shares with his wife, producer Kai Cole, and their two kids. ”I knew the play is very contained and the house would be the perfect location,” says Whedon, who kept the shoot to a brisk 12 days. Plus, he knows his abode is awesome. ”I’m enormously proud of that house. Kai built it. It’s the most beautiful house I know. My biggest regret is I didn’t do a Steadicam to really show how the house flowed, and there are rooms I didn’t use. I was like, ‘How could I not let the study be in the movie?! It’s so beautiful. The ceilings are so good!”’ And like any proud homeowner, Whedon wasn’t about to let his house turn into a party pad — even though the movie calls for plenty of corks to be popped by its hard-drinking characters. Jokes Whedon, ”[Their] wine was fake. But usually around 5 o’clock the director might have some around that was less fake.”
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Amy Acker, Nathan Fillion, Clark Gregg, Ashley Johnson; Director: Joss Whedon; Release Date Wide: 06/07/2013; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Roadside Attractions
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun previews season finale
- Outlander exclusive featurette: Find out what married life is like for Jamie and Claire
- Andy Grammer checks in: What it's like touring with his hit ‘Honey, I’m Good’ -- exclusive
- Rihanna's 'BBHMM' was co-produced by Kanye West
- Are your old Harry Potter books worth anything?
- Blur is back: Watch first live performance of 'Go Out'
- Jason Jones says goodbye to 'The Daily Show'
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!