To adapt Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing, director Joss Whedon (The Avengers) didn’t travel far — in fact, he barely got out of bed. His modern-day version of the classic romantic comedy was shot in the Los Angeles home Whedon shares with his wife, producer Kai Cole, and their two kids. ”I knew the play is very contained and the house would be the perfect location,” says Whedon, who kept the shoot to a brisk 12 days. Plus, he knows his abode is awesome. ”I’m enormously proud of that house. Kai built it. It’s the most beautiful house I know. My biggest regret is I didn’t do a Steadicam to really show how the house flowed, and there are rooms I didn’t use. I was like, ‘How could I not let the study be in the movie?! It’s so beautiful. The ceilings are so good!”’ And like any proud homeowner, Whedon wasn’t about to let his house turn into a party pad — even though the movie calls for plenty of corks to be popped by its hard-drinking characters. Jokes Whedon, ”[Their] wine was fake. But usually around 5 o’clock the director might have some around that was less fake.”
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Amy Acker, Nathan Fillion, Clark Gregg, Ashley Johnson; Director: Joss Whedon; Release Date Wide: 06/07/2013; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Roadside Attractions
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Meklit serves up brassy office blues in 'Kemekem' video -- exclusive
- Metallica's Kirk Hammett lost his phone -- and 250 song ideas
- TV Land's Younger renewed for second season
- Watch the original 'The Making of Star Wars' documentary
- Adam Lambert premieres 'Ghost Town' lyric video
- Big Sean performs 'One Man Can Change The World' on 'Fallon'
- 'Notary Publix' sneak peek: Jay Pharoah joins Kate McKinnon's series
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Hayden Panettiere, Olivia Munn, Salma Hayek & More!