Actress Amanda Bynes, who was arrested on Thursday after allegedly throwing a bong out of a window of her midtown New York apartment, has taken to Twitter to deny the charges brought against her and accuse an NYPD officer of sexual harassment. On Saturday afternoon, the 27-year-old former star of Nickelodeon’s All That tweeted: “Don’t believe the reports about me being arrested. It’s all lies.” Bynes, who was taken to a psychiatric hospital for evaluation following her arrest and released without bail after a brief court appearance, went on to allege that she had been sexually harassed by one of the arresting officers. “The cop sexually harassed me, they found no pot on me or bong outside my window,” Bynes tweeted. “That’s why the judge let me go. Don’t believe any reports.”
Posted May 25 2013 — 5:34 PM EDT
- Grumpy Cat is getting a comic book series
- 'Orange is the New Black' star to join Broadway's 'The Color Purple'
- Exclusive: Cooper and Josh duke it out ahead of ‘Young & Hungry' spring finale
- Margaret Atwood submits story to Future Library, and no one will read it until 2114
- Ashley Greene is dying for some loving in exclusive scene from 'Burying the Ex'
- Kellan Lutz on what to expect from Fox's new stunt show, 'Bullseye'
- Julian Casablancas and The Voidz release 'Human Sadness' video
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Lady Gaga, The Rock, Demi Lovato & More!