Actress Amanda Bynes, who was arrested on Thursday after allegedly throwing a bong out of a window of her midtown New York apartment, has taken to Twitter to deny the charges brought against her and accuse an NYPD officer of sexual harassment. On Saturday afternoon, the 27-year-old former star of Nickelodeon’s All That tweeted: “Don’t believe the reports about me being arrested. It’s all lies.” Bynes, who was taken to a psychiatric hospital for evaluation following her arrest and released without bail after a brief court appearance, went on to allege that she had been sexually harassed by one of the arresting officers. “The cop sexually harassed me, they found no pot on me or bong outside my window,” Bynes tweeted. “That’s why the judge let me go. Don’t believe any reports.”
Posted May 25 2013 — 5:34 PM EDT
- What to Watch Tuesday: 'This Is Us' goes to the Super Bowl (sort of)
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78