Actress Amanda Bynes, who was arrested on Thursday after allegedly throwing a bong out of a window of her midtown New York apartment, has taken to Twitter to deny the charges brought against her and accuse an NYPD officer of sexual harassment. On Saturday afternoon, the 27-year-old former star of Nickelodeon’s All That tweeted: “Don’t believe the reports about me being arrested. It’s all lies.” Bynes, who was taken to a psychiatric hospital for evaluation following her arrest and released without bail after a brief court appearance, went on to allege that she had been sexually harassed by one of the arresting officers. “The cop sexually harassed me, they found no pot on me or bong outside my window,” Bynes tweeted. “That’s why the judge let me go. Don’t believe any reports.”
Posted May 25 2013 — 5:34 PM EDT
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!