Actress Amanda Bynes, who was arrested on Thursday after allegedly throwing a bong out of a window of her midtown New York apartment, has taken to Twitter to deny the charges brought against her and accuse an NYPD officer of sexual harassment. On Saturday afternoon, the 27-year-old former star of Nickelodeon’s All That tweeted: “Don’t believe the reports about me being arrested. It’s all lies.” Bynes, who was taken to a psychiatric hospital for evaluation following her arrest and released without bail after a brief court appearance, went on to allege that she had been sexually harassed by one of the arresting officers. “The cop sexually harassed me, they found no pot on me or bong outside my window,” Bynes tweeted. “That’s why the judge let me go. Don’t believe any reports.”
Posted May 25 2013 — 5:34 PM EDT
- 'Empire': Behind the scenes at EW's photo shoot
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!