Actress Amanda Bynes, who was arrested on Thursday after allegedly throwing a bong out of a window of her midtown New York apartment, has taken to Twitter to deny the charges brought against her and accuse an NYPD officer of sexual harassment. On Saturday afternoon, the 27-year-old former star of Nickelodeon’s All That tweeted: “Don’t believe the reports about me being arrested. It’s all lies.” Bynes, who was taken to a psychiatric hospital for evaluation following her arrest and released without bail after a brief court appearance, went on to allege that she had been sexually harassed by one of the arresting officers. “The cop sexually harassed me, they found no pot on me or bong outside my window,” Bynes tweeted. “That’s why the judge let me go. Don’t believe any reports.”
Posted May 25 2013 — 5:34 PM EDT
- Barack Obama crashes Stephen Colbert's post-Super Bowl 'Late Show'
- Twitter finds unofficial Super Bowl mascot in diarrhea medication ad
- Schick channels 'Transformers' for Super Bowl 50 ad
- Taraji P. Henson confuses Coldplay with Maroon 5: 'Oooooooopppps. Lmao!'
- These are the best Super Bowl 50 halftime show GIFs
- Psylocke swoops in during 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Super Bowl teaser
- See all the movie trailers that aired during Super Bowl 50