Actress Amanda Bynes, who was arrested on Thursday after allegedly throwing a bong out of a window of her midtown New York apartment, has taken to Twitter to deny the charges brought against her and accuse an NYPD officer of sexual harassment. On Saturday afternoon, the 27-year-old former star of Nickelodeon’s All That tweeted: “Don’t believe the reports about me being arrested. It’s all lies.” Bynes, who was taken to a psychiatric hospital for evaluation following her arrest and released without bail after a brief court appearance, went on to allege that she had been sexually harassed by one of the arresting officers. “The cop sexually harassed me, they found no pot on me or bong outside my window,” Bynes tweeted. “That’s why the judge let me go. Don’t believe any reports.”
Posted May 25 2013 — 5:34 PM EDT
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday