Six months before her execution day — or ”X-day,” as she calls it — Noa P. Singleton gets a visit from Marlene, the mother of the woman Noa was found guilty of murdering a decade earlier, in The Execution of Noa P. Singleton. Even though Marlene, a powerful attorney, did everything she could to put Noa on death row, she’s had a sudden change of heart: She’ll petition to save Noa’s life in return for an explanation for why she killed her daughter. Like the narrators in recent best-sellers Gone Girl and The Dinner, Noa is endlessly complex and impossible to trust. Don’t try to outsmart her — you can’t. Just let her manipulate, shock, and maybe even move you. A-
The Execution Of Noa P. SingletonSix months before her execution day — or ''X-day,'' as she calls it — Noa P. Singleton gets a visit from Marlene, the mother of the woman Noa...The Execution Of Noa P. SingletonFictionElizabeth L. SilverSix months before her execution day — or ''X-day,'' as she calls it — Noa P. Singleton gets a visit from Marlene, the mother of the woman Noa...2013-06-07Crown
The Execution of Noa P. Singleton by Elizabeth L. Silver
Genre: Fiction; Author: Elizabeth L. Silver; Publisher: Crown
Posted June 7 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!