Forget the Kardashians. Try keeping up with Kanye. Just a day after his much-hyped album Yeezus leaked early online, Kanye West, 36, canceled his appearance at a Los Angeles release party to attend another ahead-of-schedule debut: the June 15 birth of his first child, a daughter, with girlfriend Kim Kardashian, 32. (Kardashian was reportedly due in July.) West — who also made headlines earlier in the week with a New York Times interview in which he compared himself to Steve Jobs and Michael Jordan and admitted he had apologized for infamously grabbing the mic from Taylor Swift at the 2009 VMAs only because of ”peer pressure” — was deluged with congratulatory Father’s Day tweets. Meanwhile, the buildup to his album continued, including a short film for Yeezus starring Keeping Up With the Kardashians regulars Scott Disick and Jonathan Cheban. The album shot to the top of the iTunes chart within hours of its release the night of June 17. As of press time, his daughter’s name was still unknown — though we’re guessing Taylor is probably not on the short list.
Posted June 21 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jennifer Aniston confronts Vanessa Bayer over Rachel impression
- Donald Trump slams 'SNL' for sketch about his tweets
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big