The Right Stuff meets Mad Men in Lily Koppel’s account of 1960s-era NASA wives, The Astronaut Wives Club. Behind their glamorous all-American veneer — the bubble hair and pastel shirtwaists, the Life magazine photo shoots, the White House soirees — the women were a plucky bunch who held each other up through good times and bad (many are still friends more than half a century later). It’s a little hard to keep them all straight, but it doesn’t matter much. This is one of those light, tasty summer reads you’ll guzzle down like a milk shake. B+
The Astronaut Wives Club (Book)The Right Stuff meets Mad Men in Lily Koppel's account of 1960s-era NASA wives, The Astronaut Wives Club. Behind their...The Astronaut Wives Club (Book)NonfictionLily KoppelThe Right Stuff meets Mad Men in Lily Koppel's account of 1960s-era NASA wives, The Astronaut Wives Club. Behind their...2013-06-25Grand Central Publishing
THE ASTRONAUT WIVES CLUB by Lily Koppel
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Lily Koppel; Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Posted June 25 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel