The Right Stuff meets Mad Men in Lily Koppel’s account of 1960s-era NASA wives, The Astronaut Wives Club. Behind their glamorous all-American veneer — the bubble hair and pastel shirtwaists, the Life magazine photo shoots, the White House soirees — the women were a plucky bunch who held each other up through good times and bad (many are still friends more than half a century later). It’s a little hard to keep them all straight, but it doesn’t matter much. This is one of those light, tasty summer reads you’ll guzzle down like a milk shake. B+
The Astronaut Wives Club (Book)The Right Stuff meets Mad Men in Lily Koppel's account of 1960s-era NASA wives, The Astronaut Wives Club. Behind their...The Astronaut Wives Club (Book)NonfictionLily KoppelThe Right Stuff meets Mad Men in Lily Koppel's account of 1960s-era NASA wives, The Astronaut Wives Club. Behind their...2013-06-25Grand Central Publishing
THE ASTRONAUT WIVES CLUB by Lily Koppel
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Lily Koppel; Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Posted June 25 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good
- Woody Allen on Dylan Farrow accusations: 'I get harassed all the time on it'