The Right Stuff meets Mad Men in Lily Koppel’s account of 1960s-era NASA wives, The Astronaut Wives Club. Behind their glamorous all-American veneer — the bubble hair and pastel shirtwaists, the Life magazine photo shoots, the White House soirees — the women were a plucky bunch who held each other up through good times and bad (many are still friends more than half a century later). It’s a little hard to keep them all straight, but it doesn’t matter much. This is one of those light, tasty summer reads you’ll guzzle down like a milk shake. B+
The Astronaut Wives Club (Book)The Right Stuff meets Mad Men in Lily Koppel's account of 1960s-era NASA wives, The Astronaut Wives Club. Behind their...The Astronaut Wives Club (Book)NonfictionLily KoppelThe Right Stuff meets Mad Men in Lily Koppel's account of 1960s-era NASA wives, The Astronaut Wives Club. Behind their...2013-06-25Grand Central Publishing
THE ASTRONAUT WIVES CLUB by Lily Koppel
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Lily Koppel; Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Posted June 25 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lewis Black yells at roommates so you don't have to
- 'Morgan' trailer: Kate Mara gets an ominous intro to artificial life
- Bonnaroo: The uncensored history of America's wildest festival
- Emilia Clarke sings 'MMMBop' in Dothraki
- The Bachelorette's JoJo Fletcher talks connection with Jordan Rodgers
- The Roots reenact an awkward scene from 'The Bachelorette'
- Shura releases new '80s-inspired track, 'What's It Gonna Be'