The Right Stuff meets Mad Men in Lily Koppel’s account of 1960s-era NASA wives, The Astronaut Wives Club. Behind their glamorous all-American veneer — the bubble hair and pastel shirtwaists, the Life magazine photo shoots, the White House soirees — the women were a plucky bunch who held each other up through good times and bad (many are still friends more than half a century later). It’s a little hard to keep them all straight, but it doesn’t matter much. This is one of those light, tasty summer reads you’ll guzzle down like a milk shake. B+
The Astronaut Wives Club (Book)The Right Stuff meets Mad Men in Lily Koppel's account of 1960s-era NASA wives, The Astronaut Wives Club. Behind their...The Astronaut Wives Club (Book)NonfictionLily KoppelThe Right Stuff meets Mad Men in Lily Koppel's account of 1960s-era NASA wives, The Astronaut Wives Club. Behind their...2013-06-25Grand Central Publishing
THE ASTRONAUT WIVES CLUB by Lily Koppel
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Lily Koppel; Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Posted June 25 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mayhem is on the menu in new trailer for 'The Invitation'
- Ryan Reynolds had Deadpool's charisma, cheek, and... tongue, says creator
- 'Bates Motel' First Look: Norma and Norman wear matching robes
- Justin Bieber details party boy years: ‘I suck by myself'
- 'Friends' reunion: NBC's official photos unveiled
- T.J. Miller pitches ideas for 'Deadpool 2'
- Hear Sturgill Simpson's fuzzed out 'Vinyl' theme song