For most of his young career, the 29-year-old Lin has been high on concept (among other things) but relatively low on mainstream accessibility. Taipei marks his first release with a major publisher, and perhaps his strongest work to date. The story centers on Paul, a twentysomething New York writer not unlike the author, as he drifts through his cyber-centric surroundings. The novel isn’t really about anything — Paul mainly wanders around his hyper-millennial world, dabbling in this and that — but Lin’s strength is his ability to zoom in on scenes, observing life one pixel at a time. B+
TaipeiFor most of his young career, the 29-year-old Lin has been high on concept (among other things) but relatively low on mainstream accessibility. TaipeiFictionTao LinFor most of his young career, the 29-year-old Lin has been high on concept (among other things) but relatively low on mainstream accessibility. 2013-06-25Vintage
Taipei by Tao Lin
Genre: Fiction; Author: Tao Lin; Publisher: Vintage
Posted June 25 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!