For most of his young career, the 29-year-old Lin has been high on concept (among other things) but relatively low on mainstream accessibility. Taipei marks his first release with a major publisher, and perhaps his strongest work to date. The story centers on Paul, a twentysomething New York writer not unlike the author, as he drifts through his cyber-centric surroundings. The novel isn’t really about anything — Paul mainly wanders around his hyper-millennial world, dabbling in this and that — but Lin’s strength is his ability to zoom in on scenes, observing life one pixel at a time. B+
TaipeiFor most of his young career, the 29-year-old Lin has been high on concept (among other things) but relatively low on mainstream accessibility. TaipeiFictionTao LinFor most of his young career, the 29-year-old Lin has been high on concept (among other things) but relatively low on mainstream accessibility. 2013-06-25Vintage
Taipei by Tao Lin
Genre: Fiction; Author: Tao Lin; Publisher: Vintage
Posted June 25 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!