For most of his young career, the 29-year-old Lin has been high on concept (among other things) but relatively low on mainstream accessibility. Taipei marks his first release with a major publisher, and perhaps his strongest work to date. The story centers on Paul, a twentysomething New York writer not unlike the author, as he drifts through his cyber-centric surroundings. The novel isn’t really about anything — Paul mainly wanders around his hyper-millennial world, dabbling in this and that — but Lin’s strength is his ability to zoom in on scenes, observing life one pixel at a time. B+
TaipeiFor most of his young career, the 29-year-old Lin has been high on concept (among other things) but relatively low on mainstream accessibility. TaipeiFictionTao LinFor most of his young career, the 29-year-old Lin has been high on concept (among other things) but relatively low on mainstream accessibility. 2013-06-25Vintage
Taipei by Tao Lin
Genre: Fiction; Author: Tao Lin; Publisher: Vintage
Posted June 25 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!