Cameron Diaz will reportedly play the boozy shrew who manages the run-down orphanage in Annie, the upcoming cinematic adaptation starring Quvenzhane Wallis (Beasts of the Southern Wild) as the adorable orphan and Jamie Foxx as an updated Daddy Warbucks named Benjamin Stacks. Deadline reported that the Bad Teacher star would join the musical, which is being directed by Will Gluck (Easy A) and produced by Will Smith and Jay-Z. Sandra Bullock reportedly had been in talks for the role, which was most famously played by Carol Burnett in the 1982 movie-musical.
Posted June 27 2013 — 12:58 PM EDT
- How ABBA (and that ‘Waterloo’ scene) made it into 'Muriel’s Wedding'
- First look of 'Big Brother' contestants on 'Bold and the Beautiful'
- Mark Hamill denies flubbing Leia's name in 'Star Wars'
- Quentin Tarantino: Black critics 'have to deal with me'
- Keegan-Michael Key and Ray Liotta to guest-star on 'Modern Family'
- Shock Treatment: Match the surprising plots with the twists
- We Called It! We Blew It! What EW critics got right and wrong
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6
- Cast Reunions: See Costars Then And Now