Cameron Diaz will reportedly play the boozy shrew who manages the run-down orphanage in Annie, the upcoming cinematic adaptation starring Quvenzhane Wallis (Beasts of the Southern Wild) as the adorable orphan and Jamie Foxx as an updated Daddy Warbucks named Benjamin Stacks. Deadline reported that the Bad Teacher star would join the musical, which is being directed by Will Gluck (Easy A) and produced by Will Smith and Jay-Z. Sandra Bullock reportedly had been in talks for the role, which was most famously played by Carol Burnett in the 1982 movie-musical.
Posted June 27 2013 — 12:58 PM EDT
- Spotify reveals most streamed artist of the year
- Five Questions From Transparent's Season 2 Premiere
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'