Cameron Diaz will reportedly play the boozy shrew who manages the run-down orphanage in Annie, the upcoming cinematic adaptation starring Quvenzhane Wallis (Beasts of the Southern Wild) as the adorable orphan and Jamie Foxx as an updated Daddy Warbucks named Benjamin Stacks. Deadline reported that the Bad Teacher star would join the musical, which is being directed by Will Gluck (Easy A) and produced by Will Smith and Jay-Z. Sandra Bullock reportedly had been in talks for the role, which was most famously played by Carol Burnett in the 1982 movie-musical.
Posted June 27 2013 — 12:58 PM EDT
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!