Bad weather as a manifestation of emotional turmoil is an old literary trick. But in his debut novel, The Measures Between Us, New York Times editor Hauser relies on beautiful prose and sensitive characterization instead of easy gimmicks. Although a Sandy-like storm threatens the East Coast, the conflicts among an ensemble of Boston-area suburbanites — a young woman newly released from a psychiatric hospital, a therapist who’s cheating on his beloved wife, and a single father raising an autistic son — prove more dramatic than any meteorological havoc. A-
The Measures Between UsBad weather as a manifestation of emotional turmoil is an old literary trick. But in his debut novel, The Measures Between Us, New...The Measures Between UsFictionEthan HauserBad weather as a manifestation of emotional turmoil is an old literary trick. But in his debut novel, The Measures Between Us, New...2013-06-28Bloomsbury
The Measures Between Us by Ethan Hauser
Genre: Fiction; Author: Ethan Hauser; Publisher: Bloomsbury
Posted June 28 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Billy Eichner and Martin Short yell at strangers—for a good cause
- 'Wet Hot American Summer': A first look at the Netflix revival with Bradley Cooper, Amy Poehler and Elizabeth Banks
- Watch Weird Al portray Jesus Christ in a silent film
- Lionsgate developing 'Now You See Me 3'
- Danny Trejo joins 'From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series': First Look
- New 'Magic Mike XXL' poster is all about the abs
- J.K. Rowling—er, Robert Galbraith—is editing the latest Cormoran Strike novel
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!