Bad weather as a manifestation of emotional turmoil is an old literary trick. But in his debut novel, The Measures Between Us, New York Times editor Hauser relies on beautiful prose and sensitive characterization instead of easy gimmicks. Although a Sandy-like storm threatens the East Coast, the conflicts among an ensemble of Boston-area suburbanites — a young woman newly released from a psychiatric hospital, a therapist who’s cheating on his beloved wife, and a single father raising an autistic son — prove more dramatic than any meteorological havoc. A-
The Measures Between UsBad weather as a manifestation of emotional turmoil is an old literary trick. But in his debut novel, The Measures Between Us, New...The Measures Between UsFictionEthan HauserBad weather as a manifestation of emotional turmoil is an old literary trick. But in his debut novel, The Measures Between Us, New...2013-06-28Bloomsbury
The Measures Between Us by Ethan Hauser
Genre: Fiction; Author: Ethan Hauser; Publisher: Bloomsbury
Posted June 28 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Aaron Tveit, Daniel Sunjata sum up 'Graceland' in 30 seconds
- 'Hannibal' boss previews series finale, considers cannibalism
- 'Suicide Squad' wrap photo is like a 'Where's Waldo?'
- Lionsgate planning movie based on 'Borderlands' video game
- What it was like inside Lady Gaga's blood-red 'American Horror Story' pool party
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Blacklist,' 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'The Flash' and more
- How well do you know The Weeknd's lyrics?
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!