Bad weather as a manifestation of emotional turmoil is an old literary trick. But in his debut novel, The Measures Between Us, New York Times editor Hauser relies on beautiful prose and sensitive characterization instead of easy gimmicks. Although a Sandy-like storm threatens the East Coast, the conflicts among an ensemble of Boston-area suburbanites — a young woman newly released from a psychiatric hospital, a therapist who’s cheating on his beloved wife, and a single father raising an autistic son — prove more dramatic than any meteorological havoc. A-
The Measures Between UsBad weather as a manifestation of emotional turmoil is an old literary trick. But in his debut novel, The Measures Between Us, New...The Measures Between UsFictionEthan HauserBad weather as a manifestation of emotional turmoil is an old literary trick. But in his debut novel, The Measures Between Us, New...2013-06-28Bloomsbury
The Measures Between Us by Ethan Hauser
Genre: Fiction; Author: Ethan Hauser; Publisher: Bloomsbury
Posted June 28 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Cara Delevingne goes sci-fi in new 'Valerian' set photo
- Will LGBT superheroes ever hit the big screen?
- 'Outlander' is becoming a war story, explains showrunner
- James Bond: Sam Mendes thinks 'it's time for somebody else' to direct
- Tom Hardy chats with Princes William and Harry at charity polo tournament
- 'Mother, May I Sleep With Danger?' trailer: James Franco's re-'vamp'
- Melissa McCarthy to 'Ghostbusters' haters: 'I hope they find a friend'
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers