Bad weather as a manifestation of emotional turmoil is an old literary trick. But in his debut novel, The Measures Between Us, New York Times editor Hauser relies on beautiful prose and sensitive characterization instead of easy gimmicks. Although a Sandy-like storm threatens the East Coast, the conflicts among an ensemble of Boston-area suburbanites — a young woman newly released from a psychiatric hospital, a therapist who’s cheating on his beloved wife, and a single father raising an autistic son — prove more dramatic than any meteorological havoc. A-
The Measures Between UsBad weather as a manifestation of emotional turmoil is an old literary trick. But in his debut novel, The Measures Between Us, New...The Measures Between UsFictionEthan HauserBad weather as a manifestation of emotional turmoil is an old literary trick. But in his debut novel, The Measures Between Us, New...2013-06-28Bloomsbury
The Measures Between Us by Ethan Hauser
Genre: Fiction; Author: Ethan Hauser; Publisher: Bloomsbury
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'Star Wars' Celebration panel on 'Rogue One' and other stand-alones: We're live blogging it
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis on present (two Tribeca films), past ('SNL'), and future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!