The things that once made Neil LaBute’s movies seem like tossed grenades — the loutish protagonists, the sadism toward women — now come off as more dated than scandalous. In, Some Girl(s), an adaptation of LaBute’s 2005 play, a smug author (Adam Brody) visits each of the ex-girlfriends he dumped and then used as grist for his fiction. He’s atoning for his sins, but his real sin is his grandiose self-regard, which LaBute monotonously indulges. (Also available on VOD) C-
(SOME) GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN Adam Brody and Kristen Bell tackle the lead roles in this Neil LaBute adaptation
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kristen Bell, Adam Brody; Director: Daisy von Scherler Mayer; Author: Neil LaBute; Release Date Limited: 06/28/2013; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted July 2 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Schitt's Creek' cast describtes their show in 30 seconds
- 'Scream' bosses tease season 2: Who's the new killer?
- 'Game of Thrones': Red Wedding actor breaks silence on surprise return
- 'Game of Thrones' producer on the return of THAT character
- Madonna fires back at BET after Twitter diss: 'I will shade you'
- Here's how Mindy Kaling pranked B.J. Novak on 'The Office'
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros host vow renewal at N.C. show
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers