The things that once made Neil LaBute’s movies seem like tossed grenades — the loutish protagonists, the sadism toward women — now come off as more dated than scandalous. In, Some Girl(s), an adaptation of LaBute’s 2005 play, a smug author (Adam Brody) visits each of the ex-girlfriends he dumped and then used as grist for his fiction. He’s atoning for his sins, but his real sin is his grandiose self-regard, which LaBute monotonously indulges. (Also available on VOD) C-
(SOME) GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN Adam Brody and Kristen Bell tackle the lead roles in this Neil LaBute adaptation
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Kristen Bell, Adam Brody; Director: Daisy von Scherler Mayer; Author: Neil LaBute; Release Date Limited: 06/28/2013; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted July 2 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!