The newest trailer for Pacific Rim takes a closer look at the worldwide fiscal crisis in the context of the geopolitical history of the contemporary globalized economy, with special attention to the socio-cultural transition into an evolving digital culture. Just kidding! Boom! Actually, the trailer for Guillermo Del Toro’s robot-monster showdown does some world-building, establishing the post-monster world of Jaegers and Kaiju, two giant things that punch each other for the sake of the universe. Watch, watch, watch:
Posted July 8 2013 — 12:57 PM EDT
- CBS orders murder mystery from Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television
- 'Agent Carter' casts Whitney Frost and more season 2 additions
- 9 things we learned about 'Elementary' season 4 at New York Comic-Con
- Three 6 Mafia rapper Koopsta Knicca dies at 40
- Loras Tyrell wants 'Mr. Robot' star Rami Malek on 'Game of Thrones'
- Don Cheadle meets Ewan McGregor in latest 'Miles Ahead' clip
- 'Downton Abbey' boss: Here’s why you’ll enjoy ‘The Last Kingdom'