The newest trailer for Pacific Rim takes a closer look at the worldwide fiscal crisis in the context of the geopolitical history of the contemporary globalized economy, with special attention to the socio-cultural transition into an evolving digital culture. Just kidding! Boom! Actually, the trailer for Guillermo Del Toro’s robot-monster showdown does some world-building, establishing the post-monster world of Jaegers and Kaiju, two giant things that punch each other for the sake of the universe. Watch, watch, watch:
Posted July 8 2013 — 12:57 PM EDT
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge's post-show dish: Why (SPOILER) had to die
- Casting Net: Gabrielle Union heading to Jamie Foxx action film 'Sleepless Night'
- 'The View' eyeing two new cohosts?
- 'The Help' director Tate Taylor to helm 'Girl on the Train'
- Pete Davidson live tweets his 'Harry Potter' marathon, gives 'dope as f---' review
- Reese Witherspoon as Tinker Bell: Disney developing 'Peter Pan' spinoff 'Tink'
- Molest claim vs. Josh Duggar; family says...
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!