When we last left Katniss Everdeen, she was weary but triumphant, her victory in the Hunger Games having awakened the long-dormant people of Panem. In Catching Fire, our young warrior, played by the newly Oscar’d Jennifer Lawrence, must decide if she’s up to leading the revolution she inadvertently sparked. ”This just feels like a bigger story than the first one,” says director Francis Lawrence (I Am Legend). ”We get to know a lot more characters, and it’s a lot more about alliances and friendship.” One of the new faces belongs to District 4’s smoldering Finnick Odair (Snow White and the Huntsman’s Sam Claflin), who is tossed into a fight to the death with Katniss. ”I think fans are worried that I’m not going to be enough of a sex god,” says Claflin. ”The pressure is on!”
Posted July 12 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NBC announces summer premiere dates for two new comedies, several reality shows
- One Direction sees a 'spike of sadness' on Spotify to the tune of 769%
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch read poetry at the reburial of King Richard III
- First look: Kelli Garner in 'The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe'
- Watch the teaser for Inglewood-gone-awry 'Dope'
- James Franco has a very uneasy conversation with Letterman about 'The Interview'
- HBO partners with Vice for daily newscast
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!