When we last left Katniss Everdeen, she was weary but triumphant, her victory in the Hunger Games having awakened the long-dormant people of Panem. In Catching Fire, our young warrior, played by the newly Oscar’d Jennifer Lawrence, must decide if she’s up to leading the revolution she inadvertently sparked. ”This just feels like a bigger story than the first one,” says director Francis Lawrence (I Am Legend). ”We get to know a lot more characters, and it’s a lot more about alliances and friendship.” One of the new faces belongs to District 4’s smoldering Finnick Odair (Snow White and the Huntsman’s Sam Claflin), who is tossed into a fight to the death with Katniss. ”I think fans are worried that I’m not going to be enough of a sex god,” says Claflin. ”The pressure is on!”
Posted July 12 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'