Introducing the Six Billion Dollar Man: Former Delta Force hero Gabriel (Josh Holloway) is implanted with an advanced microchip that allows him to tap into the global information grid as he helps protect the U.S. from all sorts of enemies. ”Super physical strength feels like a dated superpower, whereas the ability to access the information grid is a present-day superpower,” explains exec producer Michael Seitzman. Translation: Gabriel can see someone and immediately access that person’s full digital dossier. As Seitzman says, ”It becomes a sixth sense.” Given that Gabriel is our country’s ”most powerful, most valuable weapon” — and a tad reckless — Lillian Strand (Marg Helgenberger), the head of U.S. Cyber Command, which is running this top secret program, tasks Secret Service agent Riley Neal (Meghan Ory) with guarding him. ”If his goal is 90 percent to save the world and 10 percent to save himself, hers is 90 percent to keep him alive and 10 percent to save the world,” says Seitzman. ”So therein lies a central conflict between them.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'You're the Worst' casts former 'Office' actor for season 2
- 'Suicide Squad': Who's who in the new cast photo
- EW's 2015 Baby Power List: Princess Charlotte debuts at...?
- Charlize Theron on going bald for 'Mad Max'
- Jaden Smith deletes his Twitter
- Domhnall Gleeson talks 'Star Wars' while playing 'Star Wars'
- Match these 'Star Wars' characters with their home worlds
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!