Introducing the Six Billion Dollar Man: Former Delta Force hero Gabriel (Josh Holloway) is implanted with an advanced microchip that allows him to tap into the global information grid as he helps protect the U.S. from all sorts of enemies. ”Super physical strength feels like a dated superpower, whereas the ability to access the information grid is a present-day superpower,” explains exec producer Michael Seitzman. Translation: Gabriel can see someone and immediately access that person’s full digital dossier. As Seitzman says, ”It becomes a sixth sense.” Given that Gabriel is our country’s ”most powerful, most valuable weapon” — and a tad reckless — Lillian Strand (Marg Helgenberger), the head of U.S. Cyber Command, which is running this top secret program, tasks Secret Service agent Riley Neal (Meghan Ory) with guarding him. ”If his goal is 90 percent to save the world and 10 percent to save himself, hers is 90 percent to keep him alive and 10 percent to save the world,” says Seitzman. ”So therein lies a central conflict between them.”
Posted July 12 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Elizabeth Banks leads celebrities in a cappella 'Fight Song' for Hillary
- Bill Clinton’s DNC speech was a love letter to Hillary Clinton
- Alicia Keys dedicates DNC performance to 'Mothers of the Movement'
- Meryl Streep: Hillary Clinton will be first female president
- Hillary Clinton shares empowering message for young girls
- Howard Dean reprises his famous 'Dean Scream' moment during DNC
- Chiwetel Ejiofor in talks to join Robert Redford in 'Come Sunday'