Introducing the Six Billion Dollar Man: Former Delta Force hero Gabriel (Josh Holloway) is implanted with an advanced microchip that allows him to tap into the global information grid as he helps protect the U.S. from all sorts of enemies. ”Super physical strength feels like a dated superpower, whereas the ability to access the information grid is a present-day superpower,” explains exec producer Michael Seitzman. Translation: Gabriel can see someone and immediately access that person’s full digital dossier. As Seitzman says, ”It becomes a sixth sense.” Given that Gabriel is our country’s ”most powerful, most valuable weapon” — and a tad reckless — Lillian Strand (Marg Helgenberger), the head of U.S. Cyber Command, which is running this top secret program, tasks Secret Service agent Riley Neal (Meghan Ory) with guarding him. ”If his goal is 90 percent to save the world and 10 percent to save himself, hers is 90 percent to keep him alive and 10 percent to save the world,” says Seitzman. ”So therein lies a central conflict between them.”
Posted July 12 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- See the Foo Fighters rock out with Blues Traveler's John Popper
- Hootie explains how he got name-checked in 'Mo Money Mo Problems'
- 9 little-known facts about Rihanna's first album
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!