Introducing the Six Billion Dollar Man: Former Delta Force hero Gabriel (Josh Holloway) is implanted with an advanced microchip that allows him to tap into the global information grid as he helps protect the U.S. from all sorts of enemies. ”Super physical strength feels like a dated superpower, whereas the ability to access the information grid is a present-day superpower,” explains exec producer Michael Seitzman. Translation: Gabriel can see someone and immediately access that person’s full digital dossier. As Seitzman says, ”It becomes a sixth sense.” Given that Gabriel is our country’s ”most powerful, most valuable weapon” — and a tad reckless — Lillian Strand (Marg Helgenberger), the head of U.S. Cyber Command, which is running this top secret program, tasks Secret Service agent Riley Neal (Meghan Ory) with guarding him. ”If his goal is 90 percent to save the world and 10 percent to save himself, hers is 90 percent to keep him alive and 10 percent to save the world,” says Seitzman. ”So therein lies a central conflict between them.”
Posted July 12 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- Chris Rock and Tracy Morgan exchange comic haymakers in 'Top Five' outtakes
- 'Sex Box' react: Enclosed encounters of the absurd kind
- Buffy season 8 recap: 'No Future for You'/'Wolves at the Gate'
- Jennifer Lawrence vs. 'tabloid malarkey'
- 'Parks and Recreation': On the set for the last day of filming
- '12 Monkeys' boss on Cole's fate (Spoiler Alert!)