Introducing the Six Billion Dollar Man: Former Delta Force hero Gabriel (Josh Holloway) is implanted with an advanced microchip that allows him to tap into the global information grid as he helps protect the U.S. from all sorts of enemies. ”Super physical strength feels like a dated superpower, whereas the ability to access the information grid is a present-day superpower,” explains exec producer Michael Seitzman. Translation: Gabriel can see someone and immediately access that person’s full digital dossier. As Seitzman says, ”It becomes a sixth sense.” Given that Gabriel is our country’s ”most powerful, most valuable weapon” — and a tad reckless — Lillian Strand (Marg Helgenberger), the head of U.S. Cyber Command, which is running this top secret program, tasks Secret Service agent Riley Neal (Meghan Ory) with guarding him. ”If his goal is 90 percent to save the world and 10 percent to save himself, hers is 90 percent to keep him alive and 10 percent to save the world,” says Seitzman. ”So therein lies a central conflict between them.”
Posted July 12 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Pharrell drops 'Freedom' during Beats 1 launch
- Stephen Colbert answers John Oliver's call to give 20 push-ups for the troops
- Hear a new Santigold song from 'Paper Towns'
- See the hilarious first trailer for 'Difficult People'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' adds 2 Kaitlyn exes
- Amy Schumer takes on time travel in latest lol sketch
- Britney vs. Iggy on Twitter?