In keeping with the show-must-go-on spirit of his TV series, Glee star Matthew Morrison went ahead with his cabaret act, Up Close and Personal with Matthew Morrison, this afternoon following the death last night of his costar Cory Monteith. According to a source at the show, Morrison walked onstage at NYC’s 54 Below theater with his Glee piano player, Brad Ellis, who also accompanies him in his stage show, and said to the crowd, “Let’s acknowledge the elephant in the room. What do you do in this situation? We came here to do a show. You came here to see a show. And that’s what we’re going to do. We’re doing this in Cory’s honor.” The audience applauded, and Morrison invited his band onstage for a special rendition of “What I Did for Love,” a song performed by Lea Michele on the second season of Glee. Morrison has five additional shows scheduled through Wednesday.
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!