In keeping with the show-must-go-on spirit of his TV series, Glee star Matthew Morrison went ahead with his cabaret act, Up Close and Personal with Matthew Morrison, this afternoon following the death last night of his costar Cory Monteith. According to a source at the show, Morrison walked onstage at NYC’s 54 Below theater with his Glee piano player, Brad Ellis, who also accompanies him in his stage show, and said to the crowd, “Let’s acknowledge the elephant in the room. What do you do in this situation? We came here to do a show. You came here to see a show. And that’s what we’re going to do. We’re doing this in Cory’s honor.” The audience applauded, and Morrison invited his band onstage for a special rendition of “What I Did for Love,” a song performed by Lea Michele on the second season of Glee. Morrison has five additional shows scheduled through Wednesday.
- Tom Cruise joins the world of gods and monsters in 'The Mummy' trailer
- 'Once Upon a Time': The hooded figure is revealed!
- Justin Bieber confirms he's single: 'I'm not really looking either'
- 'The Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun marries Joana Pak
- Donald Trump makes cinema great again on hilarious Instagram account
- 'Transformers' teases new trailer in behind-the-scenes clip
- Vanessa Bayer shares backstage photos of Jennifer Aniston on 'SNL'
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big