In keeping with the show-must-go-on spirit of his TV series, Glee star Matthew Morrison went ahead with his cabaret act, Up Close and Personal with Matthew Morrison, this afternoon following the death last night of his costar Cory Monteith. According to a source at the show, Morrison walked onstage at NYC’s 54 Below theater with his Glee piano player, Brad Ellis, who also accompanies him in his stage show, and said to the crowd, “Let’s acknowledge the elephant in the room. What do you do in this situation? We came here to do a show. You came here to see a show. And that’s what we’re going to do. We’re doing this in Cory’s honor.” The audience applauded, and Morrison invited his band onstage for a special rendition of “What I Did for Love,” a song performed by Lea Michele on the second season of Glee. Morrison has five additional shows scheduled through Wednesday.
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!