In keeping with the show-must-go-on spirit of his TV series, Glee star Matthew Morrison went ahead with his cabaret act, Up Close and Personal with Matthew Morrison, this afternoon following the death last night of his costar Cory Monteith. According to a source at the show, Morrison walked onstage at NYC’s 54 Below theater with his Glee piano player, Brad Ellis, who also accompanies him in his stage show, and said to the crowd, “Let’s acknowledge the elephant in the room. What do you do in this situation? We came here to do a show. You came here to see a show. And that’s what we’re going to do. We’re doing this in Cory’s honor.” The audience applauded, and Morrison invited his band onstage for a special rendition of “What I Did for Love,” a song performed by Lea Michele on the second season of Glee. Morrison has five additional shows scheduled through Wednesday.
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication
- The 'Robot Chicken' cast can't stop talking about 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Mr. Robot' cast reveal how they recover from intense scenes
- Fox cuts 'Minority Report' order to 10 episodes
- 'Con Man' panel fulfilled our 'Firefly' dreams at New York Comic Con
- Clark Gregg on whether 'Agents of SHIELD' will ever encounter mutants
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine reunite for 'A Whole New World'