In keeping with the show-must-go-on spirit of his TV series, Glee star Matthew Morrison went ahead with his cabaret act, Up Close and Personal with Matthew Morrison, this afternoon following the death last night of his costar Cory Monteith. According to a source at the show, Morrison walked onstage at NYC’s 54 Below theater with his Glee piano player, Brad Ellis, who also accompanies him in his stage show, and said to the crowd, “Let’s acknowledge the elephant in the room. What do you do in this situation? We came here to do a show. You came here to see a show. And that’s what we’re going to do. We’re doing this in Cory’s honor.” The audience applauded, and Morrison invited his band onstage for a special rendition of “What I Did for Love,” a song performed by Lea Michele on the second season of Glee. Morrison has five additional shows scheduled through Wednesday.
- Anthony Geary may return to 'General Hospital' if 'story is interesting'
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!