Seems like a clear fit for Comic-Con – 1970s icon Hello Kitty – right? But actually this is the first year that Sanrio’s famous feline has walked the catwalk at the San Diego convention. She’s taken over a whole area near baseball stadium Petco Park and all the little girls (and big girls. and boys.) are coming to get their picture taken and dance around with our favorite pink-clad ambassador. We had to get in on the action. In the video below, Sandra Gonzalez and Laura Hertzfeld meet Kitty herself and check out some of the exclusive toys and accessories Sanrio created for the Con.
Posted July 18 2013 — 10:48 PM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles