Veteran White House journalist Helen Thomas died on Saturday after battling a long illness, the Associated Press reports. She began reporting on John F. Kennedy’s White House for United Press International in 1961 and built a reputation for her tenacious questioning over 10 presidencies. The end of her career was marked by controversy, when a video surfaced in 2010 of Thomas saying that Jews in Palestine should go home to “Poland, Germany … and America and everywhere else.”
Posted July 20 2013 — 11:41 AM EDT
- See the first preview of Valiant Entertainment's 'Death-Defying Dr. Mirage: Second Lives'
- Do you speak fluent Gilmore? Who said it: Rory or Lorelai?
- Bernie Sanders to appear on 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show'
- 'Quantico' holds up but it was a tough night for 'The Good Wife'
- See the extremely NSFW red-band trailer for 'Triple 9'
- John Mayer praises Miley Cyrus new album as 'whack genius'
- Amy Schumer & Jennifer Lawrence have another new project