Even just watching motion-capture maestro Andy Serkis talk about playing empathetic ape Caesar is fairly mesmerizing. Serkis joined his Dawn of the Planet Apes director Matt Reeves and costars Jason Clarke and Keri Russell at EW’s Comic-Con studio to discuss the plot of the film, which picks up 10 years after 2011′s surprise summer hit Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Following a viral apocalypse, Caesar has built a kingdom of 2,000 apes in the woods. When they learn some humans remain (including Clarke’s and Russell’s characters), it’s a matter of survival for both groups. Watch the interview below.
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- 12 craziest moments from Monty Python's riotous reunion
- Bruce Jenner interview draws 16.9M viewers; best Friday night non-sports TV ratings since '03
- 'Star Wars': Daisy Ridley reveals Rey secrets
- Bruce Jenner reality series will debut on E! in July
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'