Last week at Comic-Con, Children of Men director Alfonso Cuaron showed off a gorgeous scene from this fall’s space adventure Gravity, which stars Sandra Bullock and George Clooney as astronauts who start off doing typical astronaut things and inevitably wind up doing terrifying life-threatening astronaut things. Now, a particularly terrifying 90-second snippet of that scene has arrived online. The scene shows off the film’s fascinating special effects. It also sees Cuaron further developing the style he utilized in Y Tu Mama Tambien and Children of Men: The whole scene appears to occur in a single unbroken take. (Yes, it’s actually digital effects and robots, but boy, talk about digital effects and robots! Also, space isn’t real, you guys.) Take a look and marvel:
Posted July 24 2013 — 12:00 PM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters