Last week at Comic-Con, Children of Men director Alfonso Cuaron showed off a gorgeous scene from this fall’s space adventure Gravity, which stars Sandra Bullock and George Clooney as astronauts who start off doing typical astronaut things and inevitably wind up doing terrifying life-threatening astronaut things. Now, a particularly terrifying 90-second snippet of that scene has arrived online. The scene shows off the film’s fascinating special effects. It also sees Cuaron further developing the style he utilized in Y Tu Mama Tambien and Children of Men: The whole scene appears to occur in a single unbroken take. (Yes, it’s actually digital effects and robots, but boy, talk about digital effects and robots! Also, space isn’t real, you guys.) Take a look and marvel:
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!