Last week at Comic-Con, Children of Men director Alfonso Cuaron showed off a gorgeous scene from this fall’s space adventure Gravity, which stars Sandra Bullock and George Clooney as astronauts who start off doing typical astronaut things and inevitably wind up doing terrifying life-threatening astronaut things. Now, a particularly terrifying 90-second snippet of that scene has arrived online. The scene shows off the film’s fascinating special effects. It also sees Cuaron further developing the style he utilized in Y Tu Mama Tambien and Children of Men: The whole scene appears to occur in a single unbroken take. (Yes, it’s actually digital effects and robots, but boy, talk about digital effects and robots! Also, space isn’t real, you guys.) Take a look and marvel:
Posted July 24 2013 — 12:00 PM EDT
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!