Last week at Comic-Con, Children of Men director Alfonso Cuaron showed off a gorgeous scene from this fall’s space adventure Gravity, which stars Sandra Bullock and George Clooney as astronauts who start off doing typical astronaut things and inevitably wind up doing terrifying life-threatening astronaut things. Now, a particularly terrifying 90-second snippet of that scene has arrived online. The scene shows off the film’s fascinating special effects. It also sees Cuaron further developing the style he utilized in Y Tu Mama Tambien and Children of Men: The whole scene appears to occur in a single unbroken take. (Yes, it’s actually digital effects and robots, but boy, talk about digital effects and robots! Also, space isn’t real, you guys.) Take a look and marvel:
Posted July 24 2013 — 12:00 PM EDT
- Daniel Radcliffe says he was 'not wanking' on set of 'Harry Potter'
- Matthew Weiner will direct an episode of 'Orange is the New Black'
- Deathwatch Winter TV Survival Odds
- M.I.A. follows group of refugees in powerful 'Borders' video
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'The Flash,' 'HTGAWM,' 'Arrow,' & more
- Ridley Scott reveals how 'Alien: Covenant' will connect to 'Alien'
- J.K. Rowling explains why Harry Potter named his son after Snape