Last week at Comic-Con, Children of Men director Alfonso Cuaron showed off a gorgeous scene from this fall’s space adventure Gravity, which stars Sandra Bullock and George Clooney as astronauts who start off doing typical astronaut things and inevitably wind up doing terrifying life-threatening astronaut things. Now, a particularly terrifying 90-second snippet of that scene has arrived online. The scene shows off the film’s fascinating special effects. It also sees Cuaron further developing the style he utilized in Y Tu Mama Tambien and Children of Men: The whole scene appears to occur in a single unbroken take. (Yes, it’s actually digital effects and robots, but boy, talk about digital effects and robots! Also, space isn’t real, you guys.) Take a look and marvel:
Posted July 24 2013 — 12:00 PM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!