Alec Baldwin is in advanced discussions to host a weekly primetime show on MSNBC, according to a source familiar with the negotiations. As reported by Mediaite, Baldwin would get the 10 p.m. slot on Fridays. Baldwin, who’s had a long, fruitful relationship with NBC that extends to his seven seasons on 30 Rock and multiple appearances on Saturday Night Live, would seem like an ideal addition to MSNBC’s progressive politics. Articulate and pugnacious, Baldwin has frequently expressed his desire for an actual political career, and hosting a political talk show seems like an opportunity to play to both his strengths. The learning curve wouldn’t be too difficult: he already hosts a popular podcast, Here’s the Thing, that features him interviewing artists, political figures, and celebrities.
Posted August 9 2013 — 10:09 AM EDT
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' animated series delves into Star-Lord's origins
- Listen to this gorgeous harp cover of Taylor Swift’s ‘Style’
- See Michael B. Jordan and Kate Mara handle awkward 'Fantastic Four' interview
- Lady Gaga gave Tony Bennett an enormous cake for his 89th birthday
- See Olivia Munn show off some serious Psylocke fighting skills
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'Fantastic Four' cast says they still haven't seen the film
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!