Aug. 23 COULD be the booziest movie release date of all time thanks to the simultaneous debuts of Edgar Wright’s friends-go-on-a-pub-crawl sci-fi comedy The World’s End (starring Simon Pegg) and the friends-working-in-a-brewery-together romantic comedy Drinking Buddies (currently available on iTunes). The latter stars Olivia Wilde, Jake Johnson, Anna Kendrick, and Ron Livingston and was directed by Joe Swanberg (Hannah Takes the Stairs). ”About four years ago my wife got me a brewing setup for our apartment as a birthday present,” Swanberg explains. ”It led very naturally to wanting to do a movie set in that world.” The actor-director says he’s a ”huge” fan of Wright’s and can’t wait to see The World’s End. ”It’s very fun that we were both on the beer wavelength,” he says with a laugh. In addition to competing with Wright, Swanberg will be facing off against himself; the horror comedy You’re Next, which he stars in alongside Sharni Vinson and AJ Bowen, will also be released Aug. 23. ”I’m planning a double-drinking horror triple feature.”
Posted August 9 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George Harrison's estate posts throwback tribute to John Lennon
- Read an excerpt from Willie Nelson's Christmas book, 'Pretty Paper'
- Candace Cameron Bure is leaving 'The View'
- T-Pain haunts Smosh in 'Ghostmates' trailer — exclusive
- 'Rogue One' star Riz Ahmed raps about 'Star Wars' on 'Tonight Show'
- 'Vampire Diaries' sneak peek: Cade visits Stefan in mid-season finale
- Yoko Ono pays tribute to John Lennon on anniversary of his death
- Finding 'La La Land': Director Damien Chazelle's 15 Influences for His New Musical Romance
- 38 Photos of Ian Somerhalder For His 38th Birthday
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21: Meet Nick's 30 Bachelorettes
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk