Metallica didn’t want to do yet another boring concert film. ”I don’t think anybody needed another version of a band on tour getting out of a limo and folding a piece of salami on a cracker,” says drummer Lars Ulrich. Enter director and longtime Metallica fan Nimród Antal (Predators), who dreamed up an action-heavy narrative that sends a roadie (Chronicle’s Dane DeHaan) on a series of nighttime misadventures while the band shreds through its back catalog in 3-D close-ups. ”The cameras are right up your ass the whole time, and you’re sweating, spitting, and bleeding on them,” says Ulrich. ”That lends an intimacy to the show.”
MIXED METALS Dane DeHaan plays a roadie sent on the mission of his life (Carole Segal)
Posted August 11 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ranking every song on Pearl Jam's 'Ten'
- Barbra Streisand and Jimmy Fallon yell at Siri
- Young Thug name checks Harambe, Kanye West in first project as Jeffery
- Kerry Washington sees the horror in group texts
- Barbra Streisand duets with 'Donald Trump' on 'The Tonight Show'
- What to Watch This Weekend: Find out who did what on 'The Night Of'
- Tim Kaine rocks the harmonica on 'The Late Show'