Metallica didn’t want to do yet another boring concert film. ”I don’t think anybody needed another version of a band on tour getting out of a limo and folding a piece of salami on a cracker,” says drummer Lars Ulrich. Enter director and longtime Metallica fan Nimród Antal (Predators), who dreamed up an action-heavy narrative that sends a roadie (Chronicle’s Dane DeHaan) on a series of nighttime misadventures while the band shreds through its back catalog in 3-D close-ups. ”The cameras are right up your ass the whole time, and you’re sweating, spitting, and bleeding on them,” says Ulrich. ”That lends an intimacy to the show.”
MIXED METALS Dane DeHaan plays a roadie sent on the mission of his life (Carole Segal)
Posted August 11 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Barack Obama crashes Stephen Colbert's post-Super Bowl 'Late Show'
- Twitter finds unofficial Super Bowl mascot in diarrhea medication ad
- Schick channels 'Transformers' for Super Bowl 50 ad
- Taraji P. Henson confuses Coldplay with Maroon 5: 'Oooooooopppps. Lmao!'
- These are the best Super Bowl 50 halftime show GIFs
- Psylocke swoops in during 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Super Bowl teaser
- See all the movie trailers that aired during Super Bowl 50