Metallica didn’t want to do yet another boring concert film. ”I don’t think anybody needed another version of a band on tour getting out of a limo and folding a piece of salami on a cracker,” says drummer Lars Ulrich. Enter director and longtime Metallica fan Nimród Antal (Predators), who dreamed up an action-heavy narrative that sends a roadie (Chronicle’s Dane DeHaan) on a series of nighttime misadventures while the band shreds through its back catalog in 3-D close-ups. ”The cameras are right up your ass the whole time, and you’re sweating, spitting, and bleeding on them,” says Ulrich. ”That lends an intimacy to the show.”
MIXED METALS Dane DeHaan plays a roadie sent on the mission of his life (Carole Segal)
Posted August 11 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Game of Thrones fans visit filming locations around the world
- Dave Grohl celebrates Chicago’s music scene at Wrigley Field show
- Taylor Swift is really, really excited for the 'Wildest Dreams' music video debut
- Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart almost joined Taylor Swift on tour
- 'We Are Your Friends' had one of the worst openings in history
- Details on the 'AHS: Hotel' Halloween episodes with Lily Rabe and Darren Criss
- 'Hannibal' finale review: A perversely romantic, totally satisfying last supper
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Khloeé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!