Little is known about X-Men: Days of Future Past, Bryan Singer’s return trip to the mutant-superteam franchise. Actually, wait, scratch that: Almost everything is known about Future Past at this point, since the movie stars pretty much everyone who can act playing pretty much every X-Men character ever, with a plotline that will take place in every conceivable time period – including, hopefully, a better universe where everyone saw The Wolverine and nobody has ever heard of X-Men: Origins–Wolverine. But there was one question about Future Past left unanswered by Bryan Singer’s Twitter feed: Would James McAvoy’s Professor X spend the movie looking exactly like Tom Cruise in Born on the Fourth of July? Thanks to this new image released from the film, we can now confirm that the answer is: Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! Oh, Hugh Jackman and Nicholas Hoult are there, also, looking respectively like the bassist and the drummer from the bar in your hometown that had to close down after all the murders. Anyhow, we can all agree that this movie – much like the ’70s – looks very brown and very beardy.
- Watch Jason Segel channel David Foster Wallace in The End of the Tour trailer
- The Weeknd lives through a car crash in 'The Hills' video
- Vanessa Bayer, Fred Armisen, more appear in new Jenny Lewis video
- Neil Young thought Florence Welch was 'a man with a high voice'
- New 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen'?
- Blink-182, Tom DeLonge: 'friendly divorce'
- Rob Delaney and Sharon Horgan make messy love in Amazon’s 'Catastrophe'
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- Ben Affleck, Taylor Swift, the Entourage Guys & More!