It’s easy to forget that a book with this title, Two Boys Kissing, and cover would once have been unthinkable. An older generation of gay men — devastated by AIDS and widespread homophobia — haven’t forgotten those days. They’re the ”we” narrating this novel about present-day gay teens who are brought together by two boys’ noble goal: to protest a recent gay bashing by breaking the world record for the longest continuous kiss. The boys’ forebears marvel at and sympathize with the younger generation, poignantly reminding them what a miracle the freedom to love is. A-
MODERN LOVE Author David Levithan's poignant novel follows the stories of gay teens joined through an unconventional protest
Genre: Young Adult; Author: David Levithan; Publisher: Knopf
Posted August 23 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Wrestling legend Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged in 1983 murder
- Meet Denise, Kermit the Frog's new love interest
- And the Oscar producing gig goes to...
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: tWitch on Team Street's best exit
- 'Daily Show with Trevor Noah' promo previews a few changes with new host
- See T-Pain sing the national anthem at a Dodgers game
- Sam Smith loves Hozier's cover of 'Lay Me Down'
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!