It’s easy to forget that a book with this title, Two Boys Kissing, and cover would once have been unthinkable. An older generation of gay men — devastated by AIDS and widespread homophobia — haven’t forgotten those days. They’re the ”we” narrating this novel about present-day gay teens who are brought together by two boys’ noble goal: to protest a recent gay bashing by breaking the world record for the longest continuous kiss. The boys’ forebears marvel at and sympathize with the younger generation, poignantly reminding them what a miracle the freedom to love is. A-
MODERN LOVE Author David Levithan's poignant novel follows the stories of gay teens joined through an unconventional protest
Genre: Young Adult; Author: David Levithan; Publisher: Knopf
Posted August 23 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Terminator Genisys' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- Rihanna's 'Bitch Better Have My Money' video is bonkers--and totally NSFW
- 'Sesame Street's' Maria is departing after more than 40 years
- Casting Net: Michael Ian Black and Missi Pyle sign on for 'Slash'
- Blood Orange releases Charleston-influenced song 'Do You See My Skin Through The Flames?'
- Rihanna has done something no one else has ever done
- Chumbawamba launched Kickstarter for I Get Knocked Down documentary