It’s easy to forget that a book with this title, Two Boys Kissing, and cover would once have been unthinkable. An older generation of gay men — devastated by AIDS and widespread homophobia — haven’t forgotten those days. They’re the ”we” narrating this novel about present-day gay teens who are brought together by two boys’ noble goal: to protest a recent gay bashing by breaking the world record for the longest continuous kiss. The boys’ forebears marvel at and sympathize with the younger generation, poignantly reminding them what a miracle the freedom to love is. A-
MODERN LOVE Author David Levithan's poignant novel follows the stories of gay teens joined through an unconventional protest
Genre: Young Adult; Author: David Levithan; Publisher: Knopf
Posted August 23 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!