It’s easy to forget that a book with this title, Two Boys Kissing, and cover would once have been unthinkable. An older generation of gay men — devastated by AIDS and widespread homophobia — haven’t forgotten those days. They’re the ”we” narrating this novel about present-day gay teens who are brought together by two boys’ noble goal: to protest a recent gay bashing by breaking the world record for the longest continuous kiss. The boys’ forebears marvel at and sympathize with the younger generation, poignantly reminding them what a miracle the freedom to love is. A-
MODERN LOVE Author David Levithan's poignant novel follows the stories of gay teens joined through an unconventional protest
Genre: Young Adult; Author: David Levithan; Publisher: Knopf
Posted August 23 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Estelle Laure's 'This Raging Light'
- 'Silicon Valley' star T.J. Miller on his 'absurd' HBO pilot 'The Gorburger Show'
- Casting Net: Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern in negotiations for 'Wilson'
- Natalie Portman relives 'dark moments' at Harvard in commencement speech
- Thom Yorke made an 18-day-long soundtrack, still not new Radiohead music
- 'Serial' set for two more seasons
- Jenelle Evans of 'Teen Mom 2': Arrest warrant