It’s easy to forget that a book with this title, Two Boys Kissing, and cover would once have been unthinkable. An older generation of gay men — devastated by AIDS and widespread homophobia — haven’t forgotten those days. They’re the ”we” narrating this novel about present-day gay teens who are brought together by two boys’ noble goal: to protest a recent gay bashing by breaking the world record for the longest continuous kiss. The boys’ forebears marvel at and sympathize with the younger generation, poignantly reminding them what a miracle the freedom to love is. A-
MODERN LOVE Author David Levithan's poignant novel follows the stories of gay teens joined through an unconventional protest
Genre: Young Adult; Author: David Levithan; Publisher: Knopf
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Breaking: Jake Gyllenhaal admits he was once in a boy band
- Original Hedwig John Cameron Mitchell to receive special Tony Award
- Chance the Rapper remixes Jeremih's 'Planes'
- 'Homeland' goes to Germany for season 5
- 'Grey's Anatomy' tried to warn us McDreamy was doomed...
- 'Chicago Fire' adds Dora Madison Burge
- Daniel Bruhl as Marvel 'Civil War' villain