It’s a busy year for Matthew McConaughey. The former romcom bro-turned-born-again great actor played a drifter in the eerie Mud; he’ll soon be seen in Martin Scorsese’s white-collar-crime celebration The Wolf of Wall Street. But McConaughey’s most interesting film might just be Dallas Buyers Club, the true-life story of freewheeling cowboy Ron Woodroof who was diagnosed with HIV in the mid-80s and started his own “buyers’ club” for alternative HIV/AIDS medicine. The movie also features Jared Leto in drag and sort of looks like the excellent Blow/Philadelphia mash-up you always secretly wanted. What I’m saying is, this was definitely a better choice than Fool’s Gold 2. Watch the trailer:
Posted August 27 2013 — 2:14 PM EDT
- Ellen DeGeneres coordinates Jessie J duet with viral video cohort, and it's perfect
- 'Doctor Who' spin-off 'Class' boss Patrick Ness aims to 'shock you with something new'
- Academy announces 81 contenders for foreign-language Oscar
- New 'Pretty Little Liars' opening: Who's shushing now?
- Nicole Richie freestyles a theme song for 'Fashionably Late With Rachel Zoe'
- Facebook is testing out 'Reactions': 'Love,' 'Sad,' 'Angry' and more join 'Like'
- Robert Kirkman jokes about when 'The Walking Dead' will end