It’s a busy year for Matthew McConaughey. The former romcom bro-turned-born-again great actor played a drifter in the eerie Mud; he’ll soon be seen in Martin Scorsese’s white-collar-crime celebration The Wolf of Wall Street. But McConaughey’s most interesting film might just be Dallas Buyers Club, the true-life story of freewheeling cowboy Ron Woodroof who was diagnosed with HIV in the mid-80s and started his own “buyers’ club” for alternative HIV/AIDS medicine. The movie also features Jared Leto in drag and sort of looks like the excellent Blow/Philadelphia mash-up you always secretly wanted. What I’m saying is, this was definitely a better choice than Fool’s Gold 2. Watch the trailer:
Posted August 27 2013 — 2:14 PM EDT
- Drake replaces 'Madonna' lyric with 'Rihanna' during concert
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas returns with new single 'Trust You,' shares details of new album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Can Tyrion be trusted on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!