It’s a busy year for Matthew McConaughey. The former romcom bro-turned-born-again great actor played a drifter in the eerie Mud; he’ll soon be seen in Martin Scorsese’s white-collar-crime celebration The Wolf of Wall Street. But McConaughey’s most interesting film might just be Dallas Buyers Club, the true-life story of freewheeling cowboy Ron Woodroof who was diagnosed with HIV in the mid-80s and started his own “buyers’ club” for alternative HIV/AIDS medicine. The movie also features Jared Leto in drag and sort of looks like the excellent Blow/Philadelphia mash-up you always secretly wanted. What I’m saying is, this was definitely a better choice than Fool’s Gold 2. Watch the trailer:
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun previews season finale
- Outlander exclusive featurette: Find out what married life is like for Jamie and Claire
- Andy Grammer checks in: What it's like touring with his hit ‘Honey, I’m Good’ -- exclusive
- Rihanna's 'BBHMM' was co-produced by Kanye West
- Are your old Harry Potter books worth anything?
- Blur is back: Watch first live performance of 'Go Out'
- Jason Jones says goodbye to 'The Daily Show'
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!