It’s a busy year for Matthew McConaughey. The former romcom bro-turned-born-again great actor played a drifter in the eerie Mud; he’ll soon be seen in Martin Scorsese’s white-collar-crime celebration The Wolf of Wall Street. But McConaughey’s most interesting film might just be Dallas Buyers Club, the true-life story of freewheeling cowboy Ron Woodroof who was diagnosed with HIV in the mid-80s and started his own “buyers’ club” for alternative HIV/AIDS medicine. The movie also features Jared Leto in drag and sort of looks like the excellent Blow/Philadelphia mash-up you always secretly wanted. What I’m saying is, this was definitely a better choice than Fool’s Gold 2. Watch the trailer:
Posted August 27 2013 — 2:14 PM EDT
- Colbert tackles Thanksgiving controversies on 'The Late Show'
- New 'Star Wars' spot returns us to last year's teaser
- Uzo Aduba explains what it's like to perform alongside Taylor Swift
- Jimmy Fallon and Nathan Lane play 'Kid Dictionary'
- James Corden: Don't deep-fry a turkey today
- Is there a 'Blacklist' baby on the way?
- Gloria Estefan on Syrian refugees: 'There are ways to help this out'