It’s a busy year for Matthew McConaughey. The former romcom bro-turned-born-again great actor played a drifter in the eerie Mud; he’ll soon be seen in Martin Scorsese’s white-collar-crime celebration The Wolf of Wall Street. But McConaughey’s most interesting film might just be Dallas Buyers Club, the true-life story of freewheeling cowboy Ron Woodroof who was diagnosed with HIV in the mid-80s and started his own “buyers’ club” for alternative HIV/AIDS medicine. The movie also features Jared Leto in drag and sort of looks like the excellent Blow/Philadelphia mash-up you always secretly wanted. What I’m saying is, this was definitely a better choice than Fool’s Gold 2. Watch the trailer:
Posted August 27 2013 — 2:14 PM EDT
- 'Scandal' stars are back to work on season 6
- Eva Longoria dings Donald Trump at DNC: 'My father is not a rapist'
- 'Bachelorette': Wells gives 'spirited' episode recap on Snapchat
- Michelle Obama hits back at Donald Trump in powerful DNC speech
- Shannen Doherty shares breast cancer update after shaving head
- Paul Simon performs 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' at DNC
- Sarah Silverman to Bernie Sanders holdouts: 'You're being ridiculous'
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels