Tana Bach overdoes it at a party, only to wake up to find that almost everyone else in the house has been massacred by vampires in The Coldest Girl in Coldtown. Knowing that she and the other two survivors — her ex-boyfriend and a mysterious boy with a haunting secret — are likely infected and will soon ”turn,” the trio, hoping not to contaminate other hapless humans, set out for the nearest Coldtown, one of the gated, government-owned cities where vampires and people living on the edge coexist. Don’t mistake this for yet another run-of-the-mill vampire thriller; it’s a dark, violent, edge-of-your-seat read. B+
ICE QUEEN In author Holly Black's YA novel, vampires are not objects of desire
Genre: Young Adult; Author: Holly Black; Status: In Season; Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Posted August 30 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters