Years ago a shy, loyal Liverpudlian teenager named Freda Kelly became the personal secretary of her favorite local band. Little did she know that those four boys would grow into the Beatles, and that she’d go on to be their enduring fan club president. Ryan White’s affectionate new documentary Good Ol’ Freda (in theaters tomorrow) is not just a look at a cheerful, unassuming woman who found herself the sturdy center of a pop culture storm, but also at the band to which she stayed forever true. “This is a woman who turned down numerous book offers over the years,” says White. “She probably could’ve made a very healthy advance on many tell-alls.” But from the get, Kelly warned the director that she wasn’t interested in spilling scandalous stories on the boys’ personal lives or their behind-the-scenes drama. Instead this delightful raconteur provides a warm and cozy peak into her life with the Beatles, and the terrifically intimate relationship she maintained with their legions of fans. Original Beatles music in the film to boot. Herewith an exclusive clip:
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!