A temp worker named Alex is abducted off the street in Paris, driven to a remote warehouse, and confined to a wooden crate by a man who tells her, ”I’m going to watch you die, you filthy whore.” Police commandant Camille Verhoeven — diminutive, observant, and still smarting from the murder of his beloved wife — has few clues to go on. But before you can say Gone Girl, he discovers the crime is far from random and Alex anything but an ordinary victim. This gritty page-turner, Alex, is the first in a promised trilogy. Plus, s’il vous plaît. A-
MISSING PERSONS UNIT Author Pierre Lemaitre's Alex is a gripping thriller about a missing temp worker
Genre: Thriller; Author: Pierre Lemaitre; Publisher: MacLehose Press
Posted September 13 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- X marks Mulder and Scully in exclusive new 'X-Files' poster
- Animal Collective announce 'Painting With,' share 'FloriDada'
- J.J. Abrams is excited for mothers and daughters to see new 'Star Wars'
- Peter Jackson teases 'Doctor Who' directing gig
- 'Supergirl' scores full season at CBS
- Shopping for a 1920s Parisian bedroom like the one in 'The Danish Girl'? Check eBay.
- 'Supergirl': Mehcad Brooks talks stepping out of a superhero's shadow