The best-selling author of the Blue Bloods and Witches of East End series teams up with her husband for the chilly first installment in a new trilogy, Frozen. Set 111 years after the Big Freeze blanketed the planet in frozen tundra, this high-stakes adventure follows Nat Kestal as she tries to escape to the Blue, a paradise void of ice. It’s a thought-provoking novel, part epic fantasy and part social commentary. It may be too disjointed to be the next big thing; it’s still addictive enough that you’ll clamor for book 2. B+
DEFROST MODE The husband-and-wife authors have us clamoring for a sequel with their young adult novel Frozen
Genre: Young Adult; Author: Melissa de la Cruz, Michael Johnston; Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Posted September 13 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall talks controversial elimination
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!