The best-selling author of the Blue Bloods and Witches of East End series teams up with her husband for the chilly first installment in a new trilogy, Frozen. Set 111 years after the Big Freeze blanketed the planet in frozen tundra, this high-stakes adventure follows Nat Kestal as she tries to escape to the Blue, a paradise void of ice. It’s a thought-provoking novel, part epic fantasy and part social commentary. It may be too disjointed to be the next big thing; it’s still addictive enough that you’ll clamor for book 2. B+
DEFROST MODE The husband-and-wife authors have us clamoring for a sequel with their young adult novel Frozen
Genre: Young Adult; Author: Melissa de la Cruz, Michael Johnston; Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Posted September 13 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'