The best-selling author of the Blue Bloods and Witches of East End series teams up with her husband for the chilly first installment in a new trilogy, Frozen. Set 111 years after the Big Freeze blanketed the planet in frozen tundra, this high-stakes adventure follows Nat Kestal as she tries to escape to the Blue, a paradise void of ice. It’s a thought-provoking novel, part epic fantasy and part social commentary. It may be too disjointed to be the next big thing; it’s still addictive enough that you’ll clamor for book 2. B+
DEFROST MODE The husband-and-wife authors have us clamoring for a sequel with their young adult novel Frozen
Genre: Young Adult; Author: Melissa de la Cruz, Michael Johnston; Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Posted September 13 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See 4 never-before-seen images from the illustrated 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- 21 things we learned from Lifetime's 'Unauthorized 90210 Story'
- Michael Fassbender 'studied Ashton Kutcher' (not really) for 'Steve Jobs'
- Why Victoria Justice got starstruck at Fashion Week
- Broadway's Cinderella and Prince Hans actor from 'Frozen' tie the knot
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': EW live blog
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': Play People's unofficial drinking game