The best-selling author of the Blue Bloods and Witches of East End series teams up with her husband for the chilly first installment in a new trilogy, Frozen. Set 111 years after the Big Freeze blanketed the planet in frozen tundra, this high-stakes adventure follows Nat Kestal as she tries to escape to the Blue, a paradise void of ice. It’s a thought-provoking novel, part epic fantasy and part social commentary. It may be too disjointed to be the next big thing; it’s still addictive enough that you’ll clamor for book 2. B+
DEFROST MODE The husband-and-wife authors have us clamoring for a sequel with their young adult novel Frozen
Genre: Young Adult; Author: Melissa de la Cruz, Michael Johnston; Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Posted September 13 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Morgan' trailer: Kate Mara gets an ominous intro to artificial life
- Bonnaroo: The uncensored history of America's wildest festival
- Emilia Clarke sings 'MMMBop' in Dothraki
- The Bachelorette's JoJo Fletcher talks connection with Jordan Rodgers
- The Roots reenact an awkward scene from 'The Bachelorette'
- Shura releases new '80s-inspired track, 'What's It Gonna Be'
- 20 best songs of 2016 (so far)