The best-selling author of the Blue Bloods and Witches of East End series teams up with her husband for the chilly first installment in a new trilogy, Frozen. Set 111 years after the Big Freeze blanketed the planet in frozen tundra, this high-stakes adventure follows Nat Kestal as she tries to escape to the Blue, a paradise void of ice. It’s a thought-provoking novel, part epic fantasy and part social commentary. It may be too disjointed to be the next big thing; it’s still addictive enough that you’ll clamor for book 2. B+
DEFROST MODE The husband-and-wife authors have us clamoring for a sequel with their young adult novel Frozen
Genre: Young Adult; Author: Melissa de la Cruz, Michael Johnston; Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Posted September 13 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New 'American Horror Story' season 6 teasers will make your skin crawl
- DNC: Chelsea Clinton references 'A Wrinkle in Time,' 'Police Academy'
- Hillary Clinton quotes 'Hamilton,' slams Trump in rousing DNC speech
- Twitter reacts to Morgan Freeman-narrated Hillary Clinton doc
- 'The Voice': Bette Midler serving as mentor for Team Blake
- Shonda Rhimes on Hillary Clinton DNC film: 'I didn't have to add a plot twist!'
- Katy Perry performs 'Rise,' 'Roar' at DNC for Hillary Clinton