Parkland, which takes its name from the Dallas hospital where John F. Kennedy died 50 years ago this November, stands apart from the conspiracy-minded films about the assassination in the Oliver Stone vein. Journalist-turned-filmmaker Peter Landesman builds a drama around the ordinary people — including doctors, nurses, federal agents, and even hobbyist cameraman Abraham Zapruder (Paul Giamatti) — who stepped up in the crucial hours and days after the slaying. ”Somehow the intensity of the shooting schedule, the close quarters, and the missionized crew created a kind of crucible,” says Landesman of his directorial debut. ”The moviemaking experience was very much like surviving that weekend.”
THE KENNEDY FILES Billy Bob Thornton as Forrest Sorrels (Exclusive Releasing)
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!