Simple Dreams was practically at the printers when Ronstadt was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, although her decision not to include any mention of that here probably had less to do with publishing deadlines than her very private nature. While the chanteuse writes evocatively about growing up in the Arizona desert and her musical collaborations, this is a largely scuttlebutt-free zone. That’s her right, but the few tales of excessive behavior by the likes of Jim Morrison and Gram Parsons do leave you wanting more. B
HIGH NOTES Singer Linda Ronstadt writes a tantalizing memoir about her childhood in Arizona and working with famous musicians
Genre: Memoir; Author: Linda Ronstadt; Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Posted September 13 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Aretha Franklin blocks Telluride screening of 'Amazing Grace'
- Hear Charlie Puth cover Drake's 'Hotline Bling' with Kehlani
- Check out the thrilling 'Arrow' season 4 trailer
- Mr. Bean's 25th anniversary marked outside Buckingham Palace
- Joan Rivers remembered by daughter Melissa in touching tribute
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!