Simple Dreams was practically at the printers when Ronstadt was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, although her decision not to include any mention of that here probably had less to do with publishing deadlines than her very private nature. While the chanteuse writes evocatively about growing up in the Arizona desert and her musical collaborations, this is a largely scuttlebutt-free zone. That’s her right, but the few tales of excessive behavior by the likes of Jim Morrison and Gram Parsons do leave you wanting more. B
HIGH NOTES Singer Linda Ronstadt writes a tantalizing memoir about her childhood in Arizona and working with famous musicians
Genre: Memoir; Author: Linda Ronstadt; Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Posted September 13 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creators on 'hero' Felix saving two different clones
- Legendary closes deal on Dwayne Johnson action project set in China
- 'Preacher' pilot: Hear the directors' commentary online
- Chance the Rapper, 2 Chainz, Lil Wayne have 'No Problem' in video
- Red Hot Chili Peppers share chill new song 'The Getaway'
- Khloé Kardashian files for divorce from Lamar Odom — again
- Justin Bieber, Skrillex facing lawsuit over 'Sorry'