Simple Dreams was practically at the printers when Ronstadt was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, although her decision not to include any mention of that here probably had less to do with publishing deadlines than her very private nature. While the chanteuse writes evocatively about growing up in the Arizona desert and her musical collaborations, this is a largely scuttlebutt-free zone. That’s her right, but the few tales of excessive behavior by the likes of Jim Morrison and Gram Parsons do leave you wanting more. B
HIGH NOTES Singer Linda Ronstadt writes a tantalizing memoir about her childhood in Arizona and working with famous musicians
Genre: Memoir; Author: Linda Ronstadt; Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Miguel releases Wale-featuring 'Coffee (F---king)'
- Britney Spears, Iggy Azalea release 'Pretty Girls'
- Domhnall Gleeson teaches us how to pronounce 'Domhnall Gleeson'
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' to film at Pinewood Studios
- 'Blurred Lines' may get another trial
- 'Star Trek' actress dies at 85
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!