Simple Dreams was practically at the printers when Ronstadt was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, although her decision not to include any mention of that here probably had less to do with publishing deadlines than her very private nature. While the chanteuse writes evocatively about growing up in the Arizona desert and her musical collaborations, this is a largely scuttlebutt-free zone. That’s her right, but the few tales of excessive behavior by the likes of Jim Morrison and Gram Parsons do leave you wanting more. B
HIGH NOTES Singer Linda Ronstadt writes a tantalizing memoir about her childhood in Arizona and working with famous musicians
Genre: Memoir; Author: Linda Ronstadt; Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Posted September 13 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Top 5 'Muppets' moments from 'Bear Left Then Bear Write'
- Johnny Cash and Miranda Lambert get stars on the Music City Walk of Fame
- Casting Net: Jennifer Aniston, Jack Huston fly with 'The Yellow Birds'
- Hannibal Buress shares unaired 'Unemployable' pilot
- 'The Flash' boss on heartbreaking premiere twist
- See Jay Leno 'tag in' for Jimmy Fallon during 'Tonight Show' monologue
- Charlotte Hornets guard Jeremy Lin to guest on 'Fresh Off the Boat'