Simple Dreams was practically at the printers when Ronstadt was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, although her decision not to include any mention of that here probably had less to do with publishing deadlines than her very private nature. While the chanteuse writes evocatively about growing up in the Arizona desert and her musical collaborations, this is a largely scuttlebutt-free zone. That’s her right, but the few tales of excessive behavior by the likes of Jim Morrison and Gram Parsons do leave you wanting more. B
HIGH NOTES Singer Linda Ronstadt writes a tantalizing memoir about her childhood in Arizona and working with famous musicians
Genre: Memoir; Author: Linda Ronstadt; Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Posted September 13 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Johnny Depp could face jail time for illegally bringing dogs to Australia
- Jake Owen shifts gears on infectious new single, talks 'funkier' new album
- Jon Stewart helps Iraq War veterans find jobs in TV
- Queen Latifah channels LL Cool J for her 'Lip Sync Battle' performance
- Katharine McPhee drops catchy comeback single 'Lick My Lips'
- Kanye's anniversary tweet to Kim was super romantic
- Rumer Willis looks exactly like Demi Moore in new Instagram pic
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Bryce & Chris, Karlie Kloss, Tony & Gaga and More!