Tony Danza is alive and well and starring in both the Broadway-bound musical adaptation of Honeymoon in Vegas, opening Sept. 26 in Millburn, NJ, and in Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s Don Jon, which hits theaters (and the cover of EW) Sept. 27. But you might recall he’s been the victim of not one, but two celebrity death hoaxes. Stopping by The Editor’s Hour with Jess Cagle on Entertainment Weekly Radio this week, Danza explained that the second time the Internet proclaims you’re dead, more people actually buy it. “Like, I got messages on my phone, ‘Oh, Tony!’” he says, laughing. “It’s kinda weird – after you’re gone, still being able to know what would happen.” Listen to an excerpt below and hear the full interview on SiriusXM channel 105 tomorrow (Sept. 26).
- 'The Walking Dead': Michael Cudlitz says cast lied to protect secret
- 15 Halloween episodes you can watch on Netflix
- Emma Caulfield's TV Diary: How to process a 'Walking Dead' death
- 'The Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero on gory season premiere
- 'Fuller House' cast plays dress-up in new Halloween photos
- Decemberists' 'Crane Wife' reissue to feature Lin-Manuel Miranda essay
- WATCH: James Franco and Melissa Leo star in 'Burn Country' trailer