Reena Montero thought she’d finally moved on from Sawyer LeGrande, the boy she’d crushed on so fiercely. He hadn’t really given her any choice, having skipped their small Florida town and left her behind, 16 and pregnant. But now he’s back, and he wants to be a part of her life — and their young daughter’s, too. Told from Reena’s perspective both before Sawyer’s disappearing act and after his return, Cotugno’s debut, How to Love, takes a deep dive into an especially intense teenage relationship. The result — a vibrant, sparkling narrative of first love and second chances — will remind you that love isn’t ever easy, but falling for a great story is. A-
How to LoveReena Montero thought she'd finally moved on from Sawyer LeGrande, the boy she'd crushed on so fiercely. He hadn't really given her any choice, having...How to LoveYoung AdultKatie CotugnoReena Montero thought she'd finally moved on from Sawyer LeGrande, the boy she'd crushed on so fiercely. He hadn't really given her any choice, having...2013-09-27Balzer + Bray
TEENAGE DREAM How to Love tells a hearty teenage tale
Genre: Young Adult; Author: Katie Cotugno; Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Posted September 27 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Howard Dean reprises his famous 'Dean Scream' moment during DNC
- Chiwetel Ejiofor in talks to join Robert Redford in 'Come Sunday'
- Lena Dunham, America Ferrera slam Donald Trump at DNC
- Mothers of slain black youth deliver powerful speeches at DNC
- Jessica Chastain in talks to join Jake Gyllenhaal's 'The Division'
- Elizabeth Banks compares Donald Trump to 'Hunger Games' character
- Oprah Winfrey to reunite with Ava DuVernay on 'A Wrinkle in Time'