Reena Montero thought she’d finally moved on from Sawyer LeGrande, the boy she’d crushed on so fiercely. He hadn’t really given her any choice, having skipped their small Florida town and left her behind, 16 and pregnant. But now he’s back, and he wants to be a part of her life — and their young daughter’s, too. Told from Reena’s perspective both before Sawyer’s disappearing act and after his return, Cotugno’s debut, How to Love, takes a deep dive into an especially intense teenage relationship. The result — a vibrant, sparkling narrative of first love and second chances — will remind you that love isn’t ever easy, but falling for a great story is. A-
How to LoveReena Montero thought she'd finally moved on from Sawyer LeGrande, the boy she'd crushed on so fiercely. He hadn't really given her any choice, having...How to LoveYoung AdultKatie CotugnoReena Montero thought she'd finally moved on from Sawyer LeGrande, the boy she'd crushed on so fiercely. He hadn't really given her any choice, having...2013-09-27Balzer + Bray
TEENAGE DREAM How to Love tells a hearty teenage tale
Genre: Young Adult; Author: Katie Cotugno; Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Posted September 27 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hayley Atwell threw out the first pitch at Tuesday's Kansas City Royals game
- Cameron Crowe apologizes for casting Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha'
- Lifetime's 'A Deadly Adoption' with Will Ferrell, Kristen Wiig scheduled for June 20
- Casting Net: Jason Isaacs to play villain in Gore Verbinski's horror flick 'A Cure for Wellness'
- 'Stitchers' react: Ambitious premise loses its thread
- Jay Rock shares introspective 'Money Trees Deuce'
- 'Entourage' becomes next victim of 'Honest Trailers' treatment