Don Jon, Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s feature directorial debut in which he also stars, hits theaters today. When EW’s current coverboy stopped by Entertainment Weekly Radio (SiriusXM channel 105) to talk with editor Jess Cagle about his career, he spoke not only about the Sunny Jim peanut butter commercial that began it at age 6, but also about filming a guest spot on Quantum Leap (pictured) when he was 11 – in an episode that its star, Scott Bakula, directed. Listen to Gordon-Levitt explain why those two memories stick out for him in the clip below, and you’ll understand exactly why he grew up to be a man who wears so many hats.
- Daytime Emmys: Kelly and Michael take home the gold
- 'Quantico' postmortem: What THAT reveal means for Alex
- 'Silicon Valley': Producers talk shocking horse-sex scene
- Game of Thrones recap: 'Home'
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington breaks his silence -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' showrunner takes us inside those Strand flashbacks
- 'Game of Thrones' star explains Ramsay's horrifying 'Home' murders
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch