Don Jon, Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s feature directorial debut in which he also stars, hits theaters today. When EW’s current coverboy stopped by Entertainment Weekly Radio (SiriusXM channel 105) to talk with editor Jess Cagle about his career, he spoke not only about the Sunny Jim peanut butter commercial that began it at age 6, but also about filming a guest spot on Quantum Leap (pictured) when he was 11 – in an episode that its star, Scott Bakula, directed. Listen to Gordon-Levitt explain why those two memories stick out for him in the clip below, and you’ll understand exactly why he grew up to be a man who wears so many hats.
- 'The Walking Dead': Robert Kirkman reveals his 'wildest swing'
- Elle King wants to officiate your wedding on her new tour
- Ron Howard dishes about his Beatles documentary
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Hernandez knocked down by stagecrasher
- Jimmy Kimmel mashes up 'Westworld' and Kanye West
- Joanne Froggatt and Ioan Gruffudd to star in Sundance miniseries
- Inside the making of Lady Gaga’s ‘Joanne’