Popular actor and supposed director James Franco has a busy release schedule, between his adaptations of Cormac McCarthy and William Faulkner novels and that movie where he fights Jason Statham. And now you can add in Sal, the biopic about Rebel Without a Cause Sal Mineo which Franco made a couple of years ago in the midst of what scholars now refer to as Franco’s Blue Period. The film stars Val Lauren as Mineo and explores the actor’s final hours. It’s available on VOD and iTunes on October 22.
Posted October 1 2013 — 11:43 AM EDT
- Robin Williams' widow pens essay about his brain disorder
- Former 'Power Rangers' star denies killing his roommate with a sword
- Watch Britney Spears sing Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' on helium
- 'Once Upon a Time': Is there hope for Belle and Rumple?
- Colin Trevorrow: 'Jurassic World 2' will be 'suspenseful and scary'
- NBC scraps 'Mail Order Family' comedy after backlash
- 'Stranger Things' is even stranger in 8-bit animated remake