Popular actor and supposed director James Franco has a busy release schedule, between his adaptations of Cormac McCarthy and William Faulkner novels and that movie where he fights Jason Statham. And now you can add in Sal, the biopic about Rebel Without a Cause Sal Mineo which Franco made a couple of years ago in the midst of what scholars now refer to as Franco’s Blue Period. The film stars Val Lauren as Mineo and explores the actor’s final hours. It’s available on VOD and iTunes on October 22.
Posted October 1 2013 — 11:43 AM EDT
- '12 Monkeys' boss on that heartbreaking double loss
- Uhura, Sulu, Scotty prepare for war in new 'Star Trek Beyond' posters
- T.J. Miller's filibustering cracks Ellen DeGeneres up
- Bono joins Bruce Springsteen in Dublin for 'Because the Night'
- Stan Lee says he didn't go to strip club for 'Deadpool' cameo
- 'Harry Potter' star Matthew Lewis remembers Alan Rickman
- 'Game of Thrones' EW Podcast for 'Blood of My Blood' is live
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers