Popular actor and supposed director James Franco has a busy release schedule, between his adaptations of Cormac McCarthy and William Faulkner novels and that movie where he fights Jason Statham. And now you can add in Sal, the biopic about Rebel Without a Cause Sal Mineo which Franco made a couple of years ago in the midst of what scholars now refer to as Franco’s Blue Period. The film stars Val Lauren as Mineo and explores the actor’s final hours. It’s available on VOD and iTunes on October 22.
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars': 'something symbolic about new generation and old coming together'
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 'funny' stories from the cast Q&A