Continent-hopping chases, high-stakes ops, and intra-agency romances are all well-worn espionage-thriller clichés, but Blowback’s reliance on them is offset by a critical asset: coauthor Valerie Plame, the former covert CIA operative who famously resigned when her cover was blown in 2003. Her insider intel guides the novel, a cat-and-mouse game between CIA officer Vanessa Pierson and an international nuclear-arms dealer who’s assassinating her informants. Plame, aided by crime writer Sarah Lovett, hits the target in her fiction debut, setting up a planned series with a high-octane tale of deception. B
COVERT AFFAIRS For her fiction debut, former CIA operative Valerie Plame teams up with crime writer Sarah Lovett
Genre: Fiction; Author: Valerie Plame, Sarah Lovett; Publisher: Blue Rider Press
Posted October 2 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner's postmortem on season finale: 'I’m just very proud of it'
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer previews 'Scream Queens'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!