Continent-hopping chases, high-stakes ops, and intra-agency romances are all well-worn espionage-thriller clichés, but Blowback’s reliance on them is offset by a critical asset: coauthor Valerie Plame, the former covert CIA operative who famously resigned when her cover was blown in 2003. Her insider intel guides the novel, a cat-and-mouse game between CIA officer Vanessa Pierson and an international nuclear-arms dealer who’s assassinating her informants. Plame, aided by crime writer Sarah Lovett, hits the target in her fiction debut, setting up a planned series with a high-octane tale of deception. B
COVERT AFFAIRS For her fiction debut, former CIA operative Valerie Plame teams up with crime writer Sarah Lovett
Genre: Fiction; Author: Valerie Plame, Sarah Lovett; Publisher: Blue Rider Press
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Daytime Emmys 2015 winners are...
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington on Jon's brutal decision
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'