Continent-hopping chases, high-stakes ops, and intra-agency romances are all well-worn espionage-thriller clichés, but Blowback’s reliance on them is offset by a critical asset: coauthor Valerie Plame, the former covert CIA operative who famously resigned when her cover was blown in 2003. Her insider intel guides the novel, a cat-and-mouse game between CIA officer Vanessa Pierson and an international nuclear-arms dealer who’s assassinating her informants. Plame, aided by crime writer Sarah Lovett, hits the target in her fiction debut, setting up a planned series with a high-octane tale of deception. B
COVERT AFFAIRS For her fiction debut, former CIA operative Valerie Plame teams up with crime writer Sarah Lovett
Genre: Fiction; Author: Valerie Plame, Sarah Lovett; Publisher: Blue Rider Press
Posted October 2 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Joey + Rory share powerful video for 'Softly and Tenderly'
- Avril Lavigne and Nickelback's Chad Kroeger announce separation
- Stephen Colbert to interview J.J. Abrams at festival
- 'The Daily Show' adds three new correspondents for Trevor Noah
- E! to air Joan Rivers tribute on one-year anniversary of her death
- See Nicole Scherzinger lose her mind over some 'freak of nature' magic
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!