Continent-hopping chases, high-stakes ops, and intra-agency romances are all well-worn espionage-thriller clichés, but Blowback’s reliance on them is offset by a critical asset: coauthor Valerie Plame, the former covert CIA operative who famously resigned when her cover was blown in 2003. Her insider intel guides the novel, a cat-and-mouse game between CIA officer Vanessa Pierson and an international nuclear-arms dealer who’s assassinating her informants. Plame, aided by crime writer Sarah Lovett, hits the target in her fiction debut, setting up a planned series with a high-octane tale of deception. B
COVERT AFFAIRS For her fiction debut, former CIA operative Valerie Plame teams up with crime writer Sarah Lovett
Genre: Fiction; Author: Valerie Plame, Sarah Lovett; Publisher: Blue Rider Press
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Listen to EW's Sirius XM spotlight on the women of comedy, featuring Kristen Schaal
- De La Soul to fund new album via Kickstarter
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' spinoff finds its Hawkgirl: Broadway star Ciara Renee
- Wilco protests Indiana law, nixes concert
- Oxygen, Esquire Network partner on companion series 'Living With Funny,' 'Comedians of L.A.'
- 'The Flash': Mark Hamill on reprising Trickster role, bringing out epic 'Star Wars' nod
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!