After wrangling an Oscar nomination for her feature-film debut in 2010’s True Grit, Hailee Steinfeld took on the female lead in this retelling of Shakespeare’s famed romance, which was shot in Italy and adapted for the big screen by Downton Abbey creator Julian Fellowes. The starlet had a head start in prepping to play the object of Romeo’s (Douglas Booth) forbidden affection. ”I actually was reading the book in school at the time that I read the script,” says Steinfeld, 16, who will soon begin her junior year (in homeschooling). ”It was so convenient. I was able to ace every test?and understand the part.”
YOUNG LOVE Douglas Booth and Hailee Steinfeld in Romeo and Juliet
Posted October 2 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jason Alexander to replace Larry David in 'Fish in the Dark' on Broadway
- Former 'Mad Men' stars talk saying goodbye and the 'brilliantly talented' Jon Hamm
- Watch Ed Sheeran surprise a couple on their wedding day
- Pentangle founding member John Renbourn dies at 70
- Taylor Swift is one of the 'World's Greatest Leaders,' according to 'Fortune'
- Box office preview: 'Home' faces off against 'Get Hard'
- 'It Follows' star says response to film has been 'crazy'
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!