After wrangling an Oscar nomination for her feature-film debut in 2010’s True Grit, Hailee Steinfeld took on the female lead in this retelling of Shakespeare’s famed romance, which was shot in Italy and adapted for the big screen by Downton Abbey creator Julian Fellowes. The starlet had a head start in prepping to play the object of Romeo’s (Douglas Booth) forbidden affection. ”I actually was reading the book in school at the time that I read the script,” says Steinfeld, 16, who will soon begin her junior year (in homeschooling). ”It was so convenient. I was able to ace every test?and understand the part.”
YOUNG LOVE Douglas Booth and Hailee Steinfeld in Romeo and Juliet
Posted October 2 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kendrick Lamar performs with Prince at Paisley Park in unearthed video
- Channing Tatum reveals dream costars in interview with nonverbal fan
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in Taran Killam-directed action comedy
- P!nk compares herself to Mad Hatter in 'Alice Through the Looking Glass'
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses reveal who those new guys AREN'T
- Man builds a tiny Jurassic Park for his pet tortoise
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast