After wrangling an Oscar nomination for her feature-film debut in 2010’s True Grit, Hailee Steinfeld took on the female lead in this retelling of Shakespeare’s famed romance, which was shot in Italy and adapted for the big screen by Downton Abbey creator Julian Fellowes. The starlet had a head start in prepping to play the object of Romeo’s (Douglas Booth) forbidden affection. ”I actually was reading the book in school at the time that I read the script,” says Steinfeld, 16, who will soon begin her junior year (in homeschooling). ”It was so convenient. I was able to ace every test?and understand the part.”
YOUNG LOVE Douglas Booth and Hailee Steinfeld in Romeo and Juliet
Posted October 2 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NatGeo announces 'Big Game of Thrones,' admits HBO won't let them keep title
- Bryan Cranston’s 'Sneaky Pete' pilot picked up by Amazon
- Get haunted by trailer for 'The Listing'
- President Bill Clinton to appear on 'StarTalk' season 2 premiere
- Graceland sneak peek: Paige is going undercover with the Sarkissians
- Joffrey comments on violence against women on 'Game of Thrones'
- Zayn Malik signs with RCA, says he 'left' 1D to 'show you who I really am'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!