The rise comes before the fall. (I know it’s technically “pride,” but I think Magnus Bane would still approve.) The fifth installment of The Bane Chronicles was titled The Rise of the Hotel Dumort. And the seventh installment, which debuts Oct. 15, is aptly titled The Fall of the Hotel Dumort. From the official description: “Magnus Bane watches the once-glamorous Hotel Dumort become something else altogether in 1970s New York City. Fifty years after the Jazz Age rise of the Hotel Dumort, immortal warlock Magnus Bane knows the Manhattan landmark is on the decline. The once-beautiful Hotel Dumort has fallen into a decayed thing, a ruin, as dead as a place can be. But the vampires don’t mind…” Cassandra Clare and Maureen Johnson teamed up for Fall. Make sure you check back next month for cover reveal No. 8.
- EW Recommends The Last Man on Earth, Grace and Frankie, and more
- EW recommends: Bieber, baseball, and Broadway
- William Shatner, Patrick Stewart on Nimoy
- Once Upon a Time's JoAnna Garcia Swisher joins untitled Tommy Johnagin pilot
- On the Books: 'Clueless' star Stacey Dash signs book deal
- Kelly Osbourne is leaving E!'s Fashion Police
- 'Focus': The reviews are in...