The kitchen-sink scarefest anthology American Horror Story returns tonight with Coven, a new 13-episode saga of glorious perversion and off-kilter camera angles. Although the three iterations of AHS are set in radically different eras and locations, they have one very important thing in common: The presence of Jessica Lange, the two-time Oscar winner who has experienced a late-career renaissance playing variations of heavily-accented maternal overdrive in all three seasons of AHS. In the first season, she played a fading southern belle in La La Land; in season 2’s Asylum, she was a tough New England nun; now, in Coven, she’s a mega-powerful witch. In anticipation of a new season of withering put-downs and lacerating verbal wit, check out this collection of Lange’s most awesomely bitchy lines from the first two go-rounds of AHS.
Posted January 18 2015 — 2:15 PM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!