Kill Your Darlings depicts the coming of age of poet Allen Ginsberg (Daniel Radcliffe) in 1940s New York City, including his tentative exploration of his homosexuality and his first encounters with fellow Beat icons William Burroughs (Ben Foster) and Jack Kerouac (Jack Huston). But the focus is on a real-life crime usually relegated to the footnotes of the authors’ biographies: the 1944 murder of David Kammerer (Michael C. Hall) by Ginsberg associate Lucien Carr (Dane DeHaan). ”It’s a story that not many people know but everybody should,” says DeHaan, who describes the 24-day, no-frills, trailer-free shoot last year as ”having something very Beat poet about it.”
WORD WIZARD Daniel Radcliffe stars as poet Allen Ginsburg
Posted October 9 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'