Kill Your Darlings depicts the coming of age of poet Allen Ginsberg (Daniel Radcliffe) in 1940s New York City, including his tentative exploration of his homosexuality and his first encounters with fellow Beat icons William Burroughs (Ben Foster) and Jack Kerouac (Jack Huston). But the focus is on a real-life crime usually relegated to the footnotes of the authors’ biographies: the 1944 murder of David Kammerer (Michael C. Hall) by Ginsberg associate Lucien Carr (Dane DeHaan). ”It’s a story that not many people know but everybody should,” says DeHaan, who describes the 24-day, no-frills, trailer-free shoot last year as ”having something very Beat poet about it.”
WORD WIZARD Daniel Radcliffe stars as poet Allen Ginsburg
Posted October 9 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Robin Williams' daughter shares touching tribute to Oliver Sacks
- Jay Z apparently joined Instagram – then quit after only a few hours
- See Miley Cyrus meet Internet sensation Baddie Winkle before the VMAs
- Netflix will lose 'Catching Fire,' 'Transformers' at the end of September
- See the 'Man of Steel' trailer get the 'Deadpool' treatment
- See 'Game of Thrones' fans visit filming locations around the world
- Dave Grohl celebrates Chicago’s music scene at Wrigley Field show
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!