Kill Your Darlings depicts the coming of age of poet Allen Ginsberg (Daniel Radcliffe) in 1940s New York City, including his tentative exploration of his homosexuality and his first encounters with fellow Beat icons William Burroughs (Ben Foster) and Jack Kerouac (Jack Huston). But the focus is on a real-life crime usually relegated to the footnotes of the authors’ biographies: the 1944 murder of David Kammerer (Michael C. Hall) by Ginsberg associate Lucien Carr (Dane DeHaan). ”It’s a story that not many people know but everybody should,” says DeHaan, who describes the 24-day, no-frills, trailer-free shoot last year as ”having something very Beat poet about it.”
WORD WIZARD Daniel Radcliffe stars as poet Allen Ginsburg
Posted October 9 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Pharrell drops 'Freedom' during Beats 1 launch
- Stephen Colbert answers John Oliver's call to give 20 push-ups for the troops
- Hear a new Santigold song from 'Paper Towns'
- See the hilarious first trailer for 'Difficult People'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' adds 2 Kaitlyn exes
- Amy Schumer takes on time travel in latest lol sketch
- Britney vs. Iggy on Twitter?