EW has confirmed that singer Chris Brown was arrested early this morning outside of a Washington, DC hotel on felony assault charges. Officer Paul Metcalf, a public information officer for the Washington Metropolitan Police Department, says a call came in at 4:25am that Brown, 24, and his bodyguard Chris Hollosy, 35, were involved in a physical altercation with an unidentified victim outside the W hotel on the 500 block of 15th Street NW. The male sustained physical injuries that required hospitalization but he has been subsequently released. Both Brown and Hollosy were arrested on felony assault charges and are being held. Brown is on probation in California for a felony domestic violence conviction involving his former girlfriend Rihanna. Any arrest would be considered a violation of probation and could result in jail time.
Posted October 27 2013 — 11:20 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters