The Simpsons are staging a The Hobbit parody couch gag Sunday night and it’s only appropriate that it’s one of the longest director’s-cut-length couch gags ever. The Fox hit’s unique opening credits closer is normally a few seconds; this is 1:30. The unexpected journey starts with a very Simpsons-ized version of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Middle Earth map (my favorite entry: the fearsome wasteland of “LAX Self Parking”), then our heroes pass Moe-as-Gollum and Mr. Burns-as-Smaug. The sequence is from Nov. 3’s episode “4 Regrettings and a Funeral,” (no, the funeral is not for the late Marcia Wallace’s character Edna Krabappel, and nor is this the “significant character being killed off” episode, which will air next season; I’m told the funeral is for a minor character). Check it out below:
Posted October 30 2013 — 7:23 PM EDT
- Box office report: 'Don't Breathe' inhales $26.1 million
- Marvel's 'Team Thor' Video Shows What He Was Up To During 'Civil War'
- Simone Biles wants to meet Kim Kardashian at the VMAs
- Idris Elba teases 'big chance' for more 'Luther'
- Charles Osgood retiring as anchor of CBS’ 'Sunday Morning'
- 'Spider-Man' star Tom Holland sends Chris Hemsworth a stunt challenge
- Kate Mara says she'd return for a 'Fantastic Four' sequel