The Day Kennedy Died: 50 Years Later LIFE Remembers the Man and the Moment also casts a skeptical eye on conspiracy theories (the hill of beans they don’t amount to occupies 13 pages) and says it’s only ”controversy” itself that ”swirled — and continues to swirl.” This coffee-table book recycles much of the magazine’s classic photojournalism, including stills from the Zapruder film, for which LIFE paid $150,000 in 1963. But the motorcade down memory lane takes a few new detours. We get to see frame 313, the head shot — as if we hadn’t seen it in Oliver Stone’s JFK — and we have reminiscences from the likes of Maya Angelou, Bill O’Reilly, and Barbra Streisand about where they were on what’s called, inevitably, ”that autumn day.” Their alibis seem airtight. B
REMEMBERING KENNEDY LIFE magazine looks back on Kennedy's presidency and questions those lingering conspiracy theories
Genre: History, Nonfiction; Author: Editors of LIFE; Publisher: Life
Posted November 5 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- The Weeknd brings Kanye West to his feet with 'Can't Feel My Face' at VMAs
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis take the VMAs 'Downtown'
- Miley Cyrus opens the 2015 VMAs with Instagram lessons
- Amber Rose and Blac Chyna challenged all the haters with their VMAs outfits
- Nicki Minaj brings out Taylor Swift to open the 2015 MTV VMAs
- Taylor Swift debuts 'Wildest Dreams' music video before the VMAs
- Nick Jonas crushes the VMA red carpet with 'Levels' performance
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!