The Day Kennedy Died: 50 Years Later LIFE Remembers the Man and the Moment also casts a skeptical eye on conspiracy theories (the hill of beans they don’t amount to occupies 13 pages) and says it’s only ”controversy” itself that ”swirled — and continues to swirl.” This coffee-table book recycles much of the magazine’s classic photojournalism, including stills from the Zapruder film, for which LIFE paid $150,000 in 1963. But the motorcade down memory lane takes a few new detours. We get to see frame 313, the head shot — as if we hadn’t seen it in Oliver Stone’s JFK — and we have reminiscences from the likes of Maya Angelou, Bill O’Reilly, and Barbra Streisand about where they were on what’s called, inevitably, ”that autumn day.” Their alibis seem airtight. B
REMEMBERING KENNEDY LIFE magazine looks back on Kennedy's presidency and questions those lingering conspiracy theories
Genre: History, Nonfiction; Author: Editors of LIFE; Publisher: Life
Posted November 5 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Fear the Walking Dead producers reveal how much time season 1 will cover
- The CW moves up premiere dates for 'Jane the Virgin,' 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend'
- Jemaine Clement voices a 'mind-reading fart' in exclusive 'Rick and Morty' clip
- John Carpenter pays tribute to 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper
- Patrick Stewart on cocaine is hilarious in 'Blunt Talk' trailer
- Wrestling great Roddy Piper dies
- See the exclusive first trailer of 'First Times with Jenn and Jack'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!