The Day Kennedy Died: 50 Years Later LIFE Remembers the Man and the Moment also casts a skeptical eye on conspiracy theories (the hill of beans they don’t amount to occupies 13 pages) and says it’s only ”controversy” itself that ”swirled — and continues to swirl.” This coffee-table book recycles much of the magazine’s classic photojournalism, including stills from the Zapruder film, for which LIFE paid $150,000 in 1963. But the motorcade down memory lane takes a few new detours. We get to see frame 313, the head shot — as if we hadn’t seen it in Oliver Stone’s JFK — and we have reminiscences from the likes of Maya Angelou, Bill O’Reilly, and Barbra Streisand about where they were on what’s called, inevitably, ”that autumn day.” Their alibis seem airtight. B
REMEMBERING KENNEDY LIFE magazine looks back on Kennedy's presidency and questions those lingering conspiracy theories
Genre: History, Nonfiction; Author: Editors of LIFE; Publisher: Life
Posted November 5 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: M. Night Shyamalan's new supernatural thriller adds four actors
- 'Chicago Fire' recap: 'Let it Burn'
- Top 5 'Muppets' moments from 'Pig Out'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' EP to produce 'Famous in Love' drama pilot starring Bella Thorne
- 'Arrow' actor Neal McDonough on bringing Damien Darhk to life
- Lamar Odom hospitalized in Las Vegas after he was found unconscious at brothel
- E! is going to spin off 'Botched'
- 12 Instagram Photos of Pitbull Hanging Out with Celebrities
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6