The Day Kennedy Died: 50 Years Later LIFE Remembers the Man and the Moment also casts a skeptical eye on conspiracy theories (the hill of beans they don’t amount to occupies 13 pages) and says it’s only ”controversy” itself that ”swirled — and continues to swirl.” This coffee-table book recycles much of the magazine’s classic photojournalism, including stills from the Zapruder film, for which LIFE paid $150,000 in 1963. But the motorcade down memory lane takes a few new detours. We get to see frame 313, the head shot — as if we hadn’t seen it in Oliver Stone’s JFK — and we have reminiscences from the likes of Maya Angelou, Bill O’Reilly, and Barbra Streisand about where they were on what’s called, inevitably, ”that autumn day.” Their alibis seem airtight. B
REMEMBERING KENNEDY LIFE magazine looks back on Kennedy's presidency and questions those lingering conspiracy theories
Genre: History, Nonfiction; Author: Editors of LIFE; Publisher: Life
Posted November 5 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!