Sabato’s own contribution to this fall’s bounty,The Kennedy Half-Century, analyzes JFK’s presidency and its impact on the nine presidents who’ve followed him. He devotes more than a quarter of his book to a fair-minded summary of conspiracy theories — to the mysteries and anomalies that engendered them, and to the cynical post-Vietnam, post-Watergate mindset in which they’ve flourished. Sabato ultimately finds the case against Oswald ”overwhelming,” but he admits, in a nuanced double-negative, that ”the chance of some sort of conspiracy…is not insubstantial.” So who might have helped or encouraged Oswald? Sabato’s not guessing, but he claims the CIA isn’t telling all it knows. A
THE KENNEDY LEGACY Author Larry Sabato examines the slain president's lasting impact
Genre: Nonfiction, History; Author: Larry J. Sabato; Publisher: Bloomsbury USA
Posted November 5 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt