Sabato’s own contribution to this fall’s bounty,The Kennedy Half-Century, analyzes JFK’s presidency and its impact on the nine presidents who’ve followed him. He devotes more than a quarter of his book to a fair-minded summary of conspiracy theories — to the mysteries and anomalies that engendered them, and to the cynical post-Vietnam, post-Watergate mindset in which they’ve flourished. Sabato ultimately finds the case against Oswald ”overwhelming,” but he admits, in a nuanced double-negative, that ”the chance of some sort of conspiracy…is not insubstantial.” So who might have helped or encouraged Oswald? Sabato’s not guessing, but he claims the CIA isn’t telling all it knows. A
THE KENNEDY LEGACY Author Larry Sabato examines the slain president's lasting impact
Genre: Nonfiction, History; Author: Larry J. Sabato; Publisher: Bloomsbury USA
Posted November 5 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Nick Zano joins 'Minority Report'
- 'Suite Life' stars Dylan and Cole Sprouse swapped places at their NYU graduation
- Mark Waid and J.G. Jones preview powerful historically based comic, 'Strange Fruit'
- All the breakout artists Zane Lowe highlighted during his debut show on Beats 1
- James Gunn absolutely loved 'Ant-Man'
- Gay Men's Chorus of L.A. covers Britney Spears' 'Work Bitch'
- Miss USA Pageant co-hosts quit
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!