Sabato’s own contribution to this fall’s bounty,The Kennedy Half-Century, analyzes JFK’s presidency and its impact on the nine presidents who’ve followed him. He devotes more than a quarter of his book to a fair-minded summary of conspiracy theories — to the mysteries and anomalies that engendered them, and to the cynical post-Vietnam, post-Watergate mindset in which they’ve flourished. Sabato ultimately finds the case against Oswald ”overwhelming,” but he admits, in a nuanced double-negative, that ”the chance of some sort of conspiracy…is not insubstantial.” So who might have helped or encouraged Oswald? Sabato’s not guessing, but he claims the CIA isn’t telling all it knows. A
THE KENNEDY LEGACY Author Larry Sabato examines the slain president's lasting impact
Genre: Nonfiction, History; Author: Larry J. Sabato; Publisher: Bloomsbury USA
Posted November 5 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Melissa McCarthy and Jimmy Fallon play Random Word Association
- Eminem releases fiery 'Southpaw' soundtrack tune
- This is the most unlikely 'Shake It Off' cover yet
- What would Jason Statham think of playing Bond?
- Netflix clarifies rumors about ads on streaming service
- Ed Sheeran covers Limp Bizkit and heavy metal on 'Tonight Show'
- Iggy Azalea engaged to Nick Young