For those of you who’ve ever worried that your constant Facebooking, tweeting, and smartphone usage are making you dumber, Clive Thompson has good news: Technology is actually making us smarter. The Wired columnist presents a well-researched case, in Smarter Than You Think, on the ways that technology is changing how we think for the better, bolstering our memory and sparking a renaissance in writing. Thompson makes complex concepts easily digestible, but his book is engaging because he focuses on real people and the extraordinary ways that technology is improving their lives. B+
SMARTPHONES, SMART USERS Wired columnist Clive Thompson argues that being too plugged in can actually be a good thing
Author: Clive Thompson; Publisher: The Penguin Press
Posted November 13 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat
- 'Black Mirror' postmortem: Showrunner explains season 3
- Weekend box office: 'Madea' clobbers 'Jack Reacher' with $27.6 million
- 'Logan' image teases Dafne Keen as mutant X-23